View Poll Results: Should Michael quit ?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

68 48.23%
  • No

73 51.77%
Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
    It's all starting to remind me of another famous Michael...

Jordan. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jordan

Read the sections marked 'Second Retirement' and 'Washington Wizards comeback', different sport but the parameters will start to sound awfully familiar...
    Defend mediocrity... because excelence is just too hard to achieve. :p

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veeten
    It's all starting to remind me of another famous Michael...

Jordan. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jordan

Read the sections marked 'Second Retirement' and 'Washington Wizards comeback', different sport but the parameters will start to sound awfully familiar...

oR Brett Farve

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...omment-4220318

some just do not know how to quit....

others are experts,

just look at kimi
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For me, the great Michael retired in 2006. I agree with Luca, this is a different Michael.
    Il diavolo era il 1° luglio 1947 nato.
    Forza Ferrari

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Yes. I think that he is enjoying himself, being a F1 driver again, but he is definitely past his prime. You can't cheat nature.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You need a car that can perform to get results, give him a car that can and lets see what happens.

Rosberg would not have been on the podium if Vettel hadn't blown it.
    Protect your computer for FREE visit Security4free

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
    I think he should call it quits at the end of 2010 so people don't remember him for his failed comeback, but rather his glory days.
    Many of us remember him for such things as Jerez -97, Adelaide -94 and Austria -02, despite his greatness. No failed comeback will change that.

I don't necessarily mean that I personally ignore Schumacher's greatness or his 7 titles. I'm just saying that he is a complicated character that people already have strong feelings for or against. Something really significant would have to happen for a failed comeback season to have much of an impact on his legacy.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Not because I like Schumacher (I don't), but I think he should stay at least one more year. And the main reason for that is I think Nico could learn a lot from The Shoe. Even though Schumacher has apparently lost a step, I can't think of a better driver to help build Rosberg into the best racer that he can be.

I don't like him. But I do respect him. So I'd hate to see Michael leave in complete humiliation.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    No he shouldn't quit! He's come back to have some fun. He has nothing to prove to anyone, won evertything in F1 worth winning over and over again and pulls in big marketing money for Mercedes GP. Maybe next season he will be up to speed.
    yep

and although I've never been a fan of his,.. I cannot deny that is return has been good for F1 as well. It is nice to see so many former WDC drivers on the grid and a tough field of many good drivers,. Now if Kimi comes back next year, it would be a spectacular field of f1 drivers
    you can't argue with results.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    I guess what this comes down to is this; Can he enjoy himself in the role of Mentor to Nico? If he can, I don't see any reason for him not to continue for the 3 years. If only the title will do I can see him backing out at the end of 2011.
    thats an excellent point and one I did not think of. But it would be good to see him embrace that role as well as providing his expertise to the team.

I also think if the car was bit better we would see a different story. He might still be getting beat by Rosberg, but then it might be for p2-5 instead of the lower end of p5-10 average. Rosberg is a darn good driver and is yet to win a race. This car is probably the 4/5/6th best (depending on the circuit)competing with the likes of renault and Force India as well as a quickly improving Williams.