Thread: Andrew Ranger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Andrew Ranger

File this under "Where are they now?". The K&N Pro Series recently raced at Lime Rock Part here in CT. I didn't attend the race, but was pleased to learn that Andrew Ranger won:

"Yet again, the NASCAR driver contingent did a tremendous driving job. No problems in the Uphill – the quick guys made their cars look pretty agile through there – and there were bunches of lead changes as teams made strategic pitting decisions.

Andrew Ranger started from pole, but he was just one of six different leaders (among four drivers) throughout the 66-lapper. When it most counted, Ranger took the lead from Cole Whitt with a pass-under-braking going into Big Bend with a handful of laps to go and left Whitt behind. Whitt, meanwhile, had gapped the third-place car of Max Gresham, who had all he could handle from Brett Moffitt and Ryan Truex, last year’s race winner."

More info at http://hometracks.nascar.com/series/kn_pro_series_east.

My young daughter rooted for him in his CCWS days. We enjoyed his driving, and smiled every time he followed Will Power on the track (because the race standings crawler read "Power Ranger").

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    It is a shame for the IRL someone like Andrew Ranger isn't there, but isn't this indicative of what has happened to OW racing on this continent that this guy has slipped out of their ranks...

I do know I am proud of Andrew, he drives hard, learns and has picked up the NASCAR stuff pretty well....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My wife and i met him signing autographs when he was racing in one of the junior leagues at Montreal about 6 or 7 years ago......we made a point to stop by his pits and wish him goodluck... and later that day congrats after his win..

he was signing posters righ out front a JV restaurant on i think it was Crescent street (might be wrong it was awhile ago, and Im not getting any younger)....

anyhow one of my kids had his signed poster on his wall for a few years.....so at LB the year he ran in CART we waited by his trailor so my kids(s) could get his autograph......noone really knew who he was, he wasnt getting much attention.....His (andrews) face lit up when my son asked for his autograph, you could tell he appreciated it.....and he remembered my wife and I (with a little prompting)....

and later that year at Toronto He was signing autographs ..... and his 'people' ' came to get him for a drivers meeting or something..... he wouldnt leave until the line was gone..... he stayed and signed every last autograph...

Class act, hell of racer........without question of the drivers that 'got away' becuase of the silly split
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahFan
    Class act, hell of racer........without question of the drivers that 'got away' becuase of the silly split

You could fill up an entire infield at Indy with drivers in the past 25 years that have been ignored and left behind. Ranger is one of the most talented Canadians to be sent away because he had more talent then checkbook.

Lost one generation of American drivers and are currently working on another. Hopefully TPTB right this wrong soon and the sport may actually have a chance of surviving again.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    You could fill up an entire infield at Indy with drivers in the past 25 years that have been ignored and left behind. Ranger is one of the most talented Canadians to be sent away because he had more talent then checkbook.

Lost one generation of American drivers and are currently working on another. Hopefully TPTB right this wrong soon and the sport may actually have a chance of surviving again.
    TPTB???
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck34
    TPTB???
    The Powers That Be.

It is of course just up to Randy Bernard to tell team owners to just hire guys out of their own pocket....Because Scotty aint paying.

Scott, you have a point, but you keep forgetting the reality. The owners don't have the money to take a chance on these guys. The economics of the sport are in the toilet due to the 15 years of stupidity...

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    It is a shame for the IRL someone like Andrew Ranger isn't there, but isn't this indicative of what has happened to OW racing on this continent that this guy has slipped out of their ranks...

I do know I am proud of Andrew, he drives hard, learns and has picked up the NASCAR stuff pretty well....
    He did pretty good in the Canadian Tire series.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    He did pretty good in the Canadian Tire series.
    Won a championship, and he is now winning on the ovals. He also won in the K&N series races at Sonoma and Lime Rock for NASCAR as well....