Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Sore winner .
    Webber could have fastened himself to his team solidly , having just won the race , but he decided to slag them once again .

He just signed the contract , and could have easily set the stage for himself now being in the defacto number one seat , given the logic presented for the wing change before the race .

He could have said the it was too bad that Seb had that puncture , because he would have enjoyed the fight .

Instead , he poisoned an already shakey atmosphere .

Stupid move , as he had already won , and set to be number one .
    Now he's burnt the team and said he shouldn't have signed .

And , maybe now it's mutual .

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Mark, you said there would be some discussions with the team; does that mean you will be demanding that should this situation arise again, you don't get cast in the position where you're the number two?

MW: Yup.
    YUP
    MArk will straighten out that Austrian bunch for sure....
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    We don't see, what exactly is going inside the team, but Webber must have known the team all along (situation don't arise suddenly out of nothing - maybe for an outsider they do, but not for an insider) and he must like something about the team that he decided to extend the deal. Probably likes the fact that they have got a car, in which he can win a fair few races during a season. It's fun to hear Mark being outspoken in his own natural fashion, but I think he personally enjoys blowing the situation a bit out of proportion at the moment as well.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    isn't Webber the number 1 driver now
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Well done Mark. You defeated that pathetic slime Marko and his fake PR star.
    Formula 1

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    We don't see, what exactly is going inside the team, but Webber must have known the team all along (situation don't arise suddenly out of nothing - maybe for an outsider they do, but not for an insider) and he must like something about the team that he decided to extend the deal. Probably likes the fact that they have got a car, in which he can win a fair few races during a season. It's fun to hear Mark being outspoken in his own natural fashion, but I think he personally enjoys blowing the situation a bit out of proportion at the moment as well.
    I think the only reason he is staying is because he can win races there and potentially titles. He is in the best car AND he can screw over those trying to screw him - brilliant situation for him in some ways.

And in addition to that he is outperforming Vettel regularly. I'm not sure staying at RBR is ideal for Mark, but it's the best he can do at this time.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    Vettels reaction to any Webber question in his post race interview was quite telling not very positive about the teams win.

And as said above Horners interview on BBC said alot.
    I didn't hear Horner's interview, but Webber didn't refer to his "team mate" at all during the post race interviews (or even with the BBC later on)

they've really got themselves into a mess this year- does rather seem like that the wrong driver is winning- if they wanted a compliant slave as a number 2 then they should have employed Algesuari or Buemi- not Mark Webber

as for the race- Vettel tried to shove him into the pitwall at the start and then ran out of road as Webber inevitably ran wide- it's his own stupid fault for trying to win the race on the first lap

and yet another example of RBR throwing away big points finishes- they've had the fastest car at more or less every race this year and they've contrived to throw away good results- either through mechanical issues or driver cock up's- Martin Whitmarsh must find this hysterically funny at the moment

there's nothing like having squabbling team mates and intra-team civil war to make it more interesting- think Senna-Prost, Mansell-Piquet, Jones- Reutiman or Hamilton- Alonso

I'm pretty neutral on who I'd like to see win- but cheered loudly when Vettel went off at Becketts

great result for Williams again- not great by previous high standards, but good to see them solidly in the points again

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djparky
    I cheered loudly when Vettel went off at Becketts
    I believe there were a few million TV spectators cheering loud with you at that moment

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley
    I believe there were a few million TV spectators cheering loud with you at that moment

Aha!
    Formula 1

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djparky
    I didn't hear Horner's interview, but Webber didn't refer to his "team mate" at all during the post race interviews (or even with the BBC later on)

they've really got themselves into a mess this year- does rather seem like that the wrong driver is winning- if they wanted a compliant slave as a number 2 then they should have employed Algesuari or Buemi- not Mark Webber

as for the race- Vettel tried to shove him into the pitwall at the start and then ran out of road as Webber inevitably ran wide- it's his own stupid fault for trying to win the race on the first lap

and yet another example of RBR throwing away big points finishes- they've had the fastest car at more or less every race this year and they've contrived to throw away good results- either through mechanical issues or driver cock up's- Martin Whitmarsh must find this hysterically funny at the moment
    YUP

and no doubt, very profitable as to points...
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer: