Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    on july 16th 1975 around 4:37pm GMT...maybe.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    on july 16th 1975 around 4:37pm GMT...maybe.
    your birthday??
    Deep down I'm a sound bloke!

친애하는 지도자
    i am not that old, but far grumpier than that age...

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I must say that the WRC has gone from strength to strength now that codrivers names are allowed on the side windows of the cars
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    When Gigi Galli retired :
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When Colin McRae retired. But really I would say this slippery slope started in 2002/03
    Colin Steele McRae ...5 August 1968 - 15 September 2007...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When they ( FIA, teams, drivers e.t.c. ) started thinking of ways
    to protect the cars from serious damages...

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Interesting question. Personally, I think there have been a few ‘moments’ that have put the sport on a downward spiral.
    The FiA’s decision to introduce the ‘cloverleaf’ format – immediately, the roaming ‘classic’ events (Monte, RAC, etc) were emasculated, add in the 9-5 hours, no night stages. Trying to make it ‘F1 on Gravel’. What we are left with are identikit events; 2/3 stages, service, same stages repeated. Not exactly endurance!! Events should be a mix of 2,3,4,5 days – all with different challenges.
    The other pivotal moment was 2004/5 when a few Manufacturers all left at the same time. So the FiA brought in SupeRally. What they should have done was brought in a new cheaper formula for 2007/8 to attract the Manufacturers. More Manufacturers=more drivers, possibly more drivers challenging. With more drivers challenging, there is a story, and possibly attracting better media coverage.
    I honestly don’t see what Ford/Citroen get out of the current WRC – Wow, you beat one other competitor!

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

친애하는 지도자
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    I honestly don’t see what Ford/Citroen get out of the current WRC – Wow, you beat one other competitor!
    it was always like that....1-2 maximum 3 competitve manufacturers and the rest were just spectators...whats the difference in having 10 manufacturers when you actually have a battle beteween the 2 of them seat hyundai mitsubishi suzuki and subaru in the last few years were just watching the action from the sidelines.

the problem is you seem to be very pesimistic about the sport....as everything in life this also goes in circles.... good times lead to bad times and visa versa. the thing is that crybabies will always be crybabies and will cry like little girls all the time no matter what. the thing is crying never solved anything and suggesting stupid solutions like 10 day events 100 night stages and crocodile pits just shows you must start watching some girly sport like football.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the problem is you seem to be very pesimistic about the sport....as everything in life this also goes in circles.... good times lead to bad times and visa versa. the thing is that crybabies will always be crybabies and will cry like little girls all the time no matter what. the thing is crying never solved anything and suggesting stupid solutions like 10 day events 100 night stages and crocodile pits just shows you must start watching some girly sport like football.[/QUOTE]

ouch! everyone is entitled to their opinion man.. was watching the old 2001 videos on youtube,differen times.. the sport is a shadow of itself