Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

Safety car procedures revamped...

When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good. No more crybabies on race day.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    This will be changed soon as these rule means that a SC situation will not necessarily produce a better racing situation given that the cars will not be as close once the SC is back into the pits.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That obviously implies that what LH did was very wrong. But rather than punishing him on the spot for doing something highly dangerous the FIA rather come up with a new rule, continuing with the dumming down of F1.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    It's "Hammy rule II" .
    He should be proud .

What is the record for number of rules prompted by a single driver's actions ?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mstillhere
    That obviously implies that what LH did was very wrong. But rather than punishing him on the spot for doing something highly dangerous the FIA rather come up with a new rule, continuing with the dumming down of F1.
    I'm no Hamilton fanboy, but I'm struggling to see how all this is his fault? He broke the rules (knowingly or otherwise) and was punished. The fact circumstances contrived to make the punishment have very little impact is no reflection on Hamilton, it's a reflection on how the FIA implement their rules. The incident has exposed flaws in the rules that the FIA have now moved to fix. Not quite sure I see how that amounts to dumming(sic) down? If anything it makes life more complicated, as the teams have yet more things to consider and potentially exploit to their benefit.
    No longer active on this forum

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hornet
    I'm no Hamilton fanboy, but I'm struggling to see how all this is his fault? He broke the rules (knowingly or otherwise) and was punished. The fact circumstances contrived to make the punishment have very little impact is no reflection on Hamilton, it's a reflection on how the FIA implement their rules. The incident has exposed flaws in the rules that the FIA have now moved to fix. Not quite sure I see how that amounts to dumming(sic) down? If anything it makes life more complicated, as the teams have yet more things to consider and potentially exploit to their benefit.
    I don't want to digress here, but LH showed remarkable selfishness not understanding the severity of the emergency situation (that's when the SC comes out right?) turning Mark's accident into his own advantage. It's actually at the human level. He showed little regard towards it. That's on top of the lying, of course.

PS I am sure when you see an ambulance with all the lights on behind your car pull over, I am sure you pull over. It's the only decent thing to do.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mstillhere
    I don't want to digress here, but LH showed remarkable selfishness not understanding the severity of the emergency situation (that's when the SC comes out right?) turning Mark's accident into his own advantage. It's actually at the human level. He showed little regard towards it. That's on top of the lying, of course.

PS I am sure when you see an ambulance with all the lights on behind your car pull over, I am sure you pull over. It's the only decent thing to do.
    nonsense

this is was not the first time a car was ahead of the SC and raced tot he pits.
    My God, Vettel did it, as did all the other cars that passed the incident and made it to the pits before the SC came out.

May i remind you if he was about a quarter of a second quicker, there would have been no penalty and nothing to talk about.

Instead we get folks coming out of the woodworks with comical statements like Hamilton was selfish etc for what really was a non issue overblown by Alonso, who since has back peddled from his outlandish statements ( since he figures in another race he might be the guy ahead) so why can't the fans do the same.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll tell you this:
    had been MS (as someone else wrote in a different thread) doing the same thing right now he will be sitting at the Norinmberg court room being accused of major human rights violations not to mention lying to the whole humanity.
    I now you pretend not to undersdtand the issue. The situation is rather simple: WHEN YOU SEE THE SC COMING OUT YOU DON'T SPEED UP. YOU SLOW DOWN. PERIOD. Vetten did not pass the SC and I ifs and buts are pointless discussing.

The irony of all this is that Whiting himself, is involved in the creation of this new rule. I am sure you don't agree with it since you find nothing wrong with what LH did. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    nonsense

this is was not the first time a car was ahead of the SC and raced tot he pits.
    My God, Vettel did it, as did all the other cars that passed the incident and made it to the pits before the SC came out.

May i remind you if he was about a quarter of a second quicker, there would have been no penalty and nothing to talk about.

Instead we get folks coming out of the woodworks with comical statements like Hamilton was selfish etc for what really was a non issue overblown by Alonso, who since has back peddled from his outlandish statements ( since he figures in another race he might be the guy ahead) so why can't the fans do the same.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If you see the safety car coming out and you think theres a chance that you could be ahead by the relevant line, and gain the subsequent advantage, you should go for it. Hammy went for it, didn't make it and got penalised. I don't see why we should get melodramatic about safety issues regarding the Webber incident, it's not really a factor.
    :burnout: