Race 10 of 17

Race
    - Honda Indy Toronto

Location - Streets of Toronto - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Date - Sunday, July 18th

Time & TV Schedule - 12:30PM Eastern -Green Flag -1:00PM Eastern -ABC

Course Type - 1.755 (2.82km) Mile Street Course

Distance - 85 Laps / 149.175 Miles

Practice Sessions - Friday, July 16th - 9:55-10:55AM Eastern & 1:50 -2:50PM Eastern , Saturday, July 17th - 9:10AM-10:10AM, Warm-Up Session, Sunday, July 18th - 8:35 - 9:05AM Eastern

Qualifications - Saturday, July 17th - 12:50 - 2:20PM Eastern

2009 Pole Sitter - Dario Franchitti -Lap Time - 1:01.0249 / Speed - 103.532mph

2009 Winner - Dario Franchitti

**Note - All Times listed in Eastern Time
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here is a map of the track layout...

Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    "I expect Danica to get a solid top-5 finish, as long as they give her a good car."

Just saving DF the time

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickFalzone
    "I expect Danica to get a solid top-5 finish, as long as they give her a good car."

Just saving DF the time
    LOL, I had the same thought after seeing what he posted in the NASCAR forum, you beat me to it.

She will be top 5 easy though, counting backwards from last. I think it really is time we all start considering if she'll be in ANY ride next year. I realize that if GoDaddy is writing the checks...blah blah blah BUT...I really don't see JR Motorsports embarassing themselves another go 'round and Mikey has really got to be considering what this makes his organization look like.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    She'll have a reality show lined up before she hangs up the gloves.
    I'm sure her agent is working on it "post haste"
    May the forza be with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    Trust me on this, Mikey is just happy to see her checks clear as they're helping to pay for the other cars he's fielding.
    I'm certain that is true but at some point you have to wonder what he's thinking. Certainly putting Carroll in a car has to point in the direction that he wants to be a solid team at some point. I'm not 100% certain that Danica is feeling too comfortable with Mr. GoDaddy at this point myself...they may at some point realize the joke that surrounds them and pull their sponsorship package.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I must admit, can we just put the Danica beatings on hold for a while? Not that I disagree...but it is old.

I am looking forward to Toronto, although I miss the days of the final corner being in its old configuration where it was a lightning fast dog leg with a potential for serious pain. 140 plus was the common trap speed as they clipped the Apex and 180 going into the braking zone at one was possible.

For a street course, Exhibition place works pretty darn well, but I do miss the older version. Of course, I like the facilities on this one, so I guess it is a saw off!

Just wish the people running it didn't have their head's up their rear about how to run and promote it...but that alas is an argument for another day.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Mark, that is why I won't go. I will stay up here and watch on TV and curse ABC and TSN. Then maybe go for a swim in Georgian Bay.
    There is a lot of interest in racing up here but no promotion of the race.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    I must admit, can we just put the Danica beatings on hold for a while? Not that I disagree...but it is old.
    And deprive me of all my fun!? C'mon Mark!! The only thing old is the fact she's still around.

I hate hearing how you guys talk about the Molson Indy these days. It's a little difficult for me to get to that part of the continent these days but to me, Toronto was even more fun than Long Beach. I miss it and would hope the promoters could take advantage of the gem they have there.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    ...Toronto was even more fun than Long Beach. I miss it and would hope the promoters could take advantage of the gem they have there.

Ah, but the problem is that they HAVE, to excess and its detriment.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.