Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This weekend - some advice please

Wondered if anyone here could give me some advice?

I'll be there on Saturday for my first ever time to F1 qualiy, pretty damn excited about it as well

Anyway I was aiming to get there for 7am. Is this early enough from any previous experiences? What's the car park like for getting in and out?

And finally where's the best corner/s to watch that action?

Cheers

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Watch qualy from the entrance to Becketts, it will blow your mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlyYd...os=9Vx6h526bJA

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JBAFCB
    Wondered if anyone here could give me some advice?

I'll be there on Saturday for my first ever time to F1 qualiy, pretty damn excited about it as well

Anyway I was aiming to get there for 7am. Is this early enough from any previous experiences? What's the car park like for getting in and out?

Cheers
    Treasure and savour the experience because it can never be as enormous as the first time you witness the sight, sound and sensation of f1 cars mokin:
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Depends if you have reserved seats or general admission. 7 will be ok if you have your seats allocated, but I guess if you're asking where to watch from you have GA.

If that's the case, you'll be ok on Saturday but for the Sunday you really want to be setting your alarm for an ungodly hour to bag a good spot - the last time I went on general admission I was in the queue at 4-ish ready to storm Club.

My advice would be not to forget the support races and sessions - you can use these to test out various vantage points. If you can get there on the Friday even better. Decide where you want to sit for race day and set up camp as early as you can.

Enjoy
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cheers
    The traditional Silverstone traffic jam is much improved now with the expansion of the A43 and the main entrance road. Plus all the park and ride schemes help. I've done lots of Sundays but the last couple of years I've been on Saturday and had no trouble at all getting in. I don't know where you're coming from but the trick I find is to approach from South using the Dadford Road. As you get near the circuit you’ll find the golf club and a lot of the farmers offering camping and parking. I usually park in the field right next door to the official south Silverstone car park and then walk into the circuit between Club and Stowe.
    Getting out again you head south on the Dadford Road. To start with it’s a little slow because it’s not much more than a country lane and usually there are a lot of people on foot walking back to cars and campsites but it frees up pretty quick. When you reach the A422 there will be signs directing traffic for the M40 towards Brackley. Trouble with this is you’ll rejoin all the traffic coming out of the circuit on the A43. So best thing to do is ignore the signs, cross straight over the A422 and go on to Tinglewick. You can then choose to either then take the A421 west and rejoin the A43 after Brackley – I don’t do this, so don’t know what it’s like – or keep heading south towards Bicester and join the M40 there.

A word of warning. You cannot drive past the circuit on the Dadford Road. It essentially becomes one way feeding into the circuit from both north and south. Then at the end of the day it swaps around with everything coming out. Also if you come up from the south on the Dadford Road I don’t know what official car parks you’ll be able to access. I’ve very rarely used the official car parks.

I fear I may have given away too much!

Cheers
    Becketts is good and depending on what tickets you’ve got its worth getting on the outside of Copse looking down the pit straight. Another place worth considering – although not as spectacular - is the outside of Club looking back through the Vale. Get the right spot here and you can see the cars pretty much all the way from Stowe up to Abbey.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    My experience of watching the race at the circuit in the summer is this;

Take lots of sun cream, and keep applying it.

The skin on my nose literally fell off on the Monday following the race in 1991.

Looked a right tw4t on the train on the way to work, I can tell you.

And it hurt like fornication too!
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Same here a few years back when Montoya won...put sunblock on, forgot to re-apply...became a redneck. Not a good look
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman

If that's the case, you'll be ok on Saturday but for the Sunday you really want to be setting your alarm for an ungodly hour to bag a good spot - the last time I went on general admission I was in the queue at 4-ish ready to storm Club.

My advice would be not to forget the support races and sessions - you can use these to test out various vantage points. If you can get there on the Friday even better. Decide where you want to sit for race day and set up camp as early as you can.

Enjoy
    Always a pity when it's like that. I know at Touring Car races I like to spend some time watching and some time wandering. Having to sit on the same spot all day would be rubbish!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Devote
    Treasure and savour the experience because it can never be as enormous as the first time you witness the sight, sound and sensation of f1 cars mokin:

Couldn't agree more, the first time you go, you just can't believe it, you feel like you can't take it all in.

I remember watching the support events and thinking wow how can it get loader and faster than this.

But I soon learned it could. Fantastic.

Enjoy every minute of it JBAFCB
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Another thing I found was I kept on taking Photo's and film of everything, my advice would be not to take to many.

I found afterwards I had spent half the sessions looking through a lense.

I would only take a few photo's if you are going to and then sit back and watch the action.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy