Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    I have to stand corrected. A little bird reminded me there was ONE marshal killed in Toronto, Gary Avrin, and Krosnoff was the other fatality in the car. The other marshal was killed in Vancouver in their first race, and it was a QRFA marshal who took it into his own head to venture onto a race track not under control to push a car....

AS for Deco, he just thinks ok is ok....and on safety, in a top flight series, ok is not enough...especially when you consider people like Deco figure 2 minutes is ok when SCCA regions and CASC here in Ontario often can do better than that with half the resources and VOLUNTEERS!

Even 60 seconds can be too long in a fire given this......

Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    she was lucky to have not been hurt worse.
    from the time the first respneder had his foot on the pavement until she was out of the car was about 40 seconds....but she had already been in a car on fire for about another 25 seconds with the fire coming up into her face and on one side.
    time to second degree burn in a top rated suit under the SFI 3.2A/20, is 40 seconds
    but a heavy and hot suit.

http://www.profoxracing.com/sfi.html

http://www.circletrack.com/featuredv...ps_advice.html

I do not beleive most drivers wear anything more than a SFI 3.2A/5....which is good for about a whole 9 seconds before 2nd degree burns set in......

she was lucky the fire had not gotten down inside the leg and/or body area inside the cockpit, or she would be in serious or critical condtion in a burn unit without question
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    IC had a serious issue with Simona's fire and offered nothing but propoganda and a feel good statement. Then at the Glen they had another serious failure which they have not even acknowledged with the unacceptable response time to Simona's crash. Luckily she was unhurt.
    Meanwhile F1 has a minor foul up with the deployment of the Safety Car and resulting penalties. One race later and changes have been made!
    Not to say F1 is perfect. Far from it but at least they do something and quickly.
    F1 also have corner workers who can and do respond to an incident, usually very quickly. The Monaco workers are super efficient.
    As far as I know neither of Ontario's well trained marshal groups has been contacted to work the Honda Indy in Toronto.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    I just checked both the MMS and CRCA websites and neither is supporting the Toronto race. That means that there will be few, if any, experienced corner workers at the race.
    I suspect Finger Lakes Lakes SCCA and those down into Ohio will be supporting a bunch, and I also bet a few MMS and CRCA folks will be moonlighting.

I wouldn't say this is the ideal, but this is just more proof of the Andretti organization kicking the locals in the teeth. The organization of marshals and volunteers that my friend Mr. Ellsworth was in charge of for years was second to none. CART used to just show up and turn the key.....

ON the safety trucks and their capablilities, I do wish The IRL would get their head out of the sand. At Toronto, There is no reason a prepositioned team couldn't be sitting on the back stretch to get to 3 within 30 seconds of dispatch, and another team could be sitting up at the top end by the Gardiner or over by the GO train entrance in the runoff of turn 11.

The cost of having a second and maybe 3 dispatch trucks is a lot, but as events this year have proven, they are getting by on luck right now...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    With the size of the field you can be almost positive there will be at least one collision at 3. Hopefully not until they have got slowed down and not on the approach at close to 200.