Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Freddy Loix IRC Programme

Hi Guys,

Interesting interview with Freddy Loix on our Totalrally programme last night. He confirmed that he will run in the Azores as well as Zlin and San Remo in a factory Skoda. He also indicated that if things go his way there might be budget for further rounds. Probably not what Kris Meeke wanted to hear. He's effictively now fighting a four car Skodsa team for the remainder of the year.

Liked 85 Times in 63 Posts
    Madeira not Azores.
    2009 IRC Pickems Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Absolutely, really should double check my own interviews, apologies. Madeira it is!

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    He is a great driver, and therefore he deserves a good car and team.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Will be great to have Loix out on more events this year, I think this is worse news for Kopecky than for Meeke. Meeke has no realistic title chance now anyway, Loix will make it harder for Kopecky to try and catch Hanninen
    Deep down I'm a sound bloke!

Liked 340 Times in 171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cut the b.s.
    Will be great to have Loix out on more events this year, I think this is worse news for Kopecky than for Meeke. Meeke has no realistic title chance now anyway, Loix will make it harder for Kopecky to try and catch Hanninen
    Meeke as a chance to get the title. He can stil score 60 points and only the best 7 results count.

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cut the b.s.
    Of course we can draw conclusions from the season this far, but there's six events left and seven counts at the end of the season, so in that light Meeke still has title chances (though I cheer for Skodas). Also, I don't know how it will affect Kopecky's chances catching Hänninen - on asphalt Kopecky will be most likely faster than Hänninen anyway, though of course it'd make a bigger difference if Kopecky would be ahead of Loix also... blaah.

Bottom line is - great to see Loix in more events this year in a top car.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Good news, I think Freddy earnt his promotion last weekend

I would imagine Kopecky to be ahead of Loix mostly though. That wasn't the case in Belgium, but that was Freddy's home event.

More likely he will split Jan and Juho, then I don't know what would happen and what Juho would think about that!.. although Juho is getting pretty good on asphalt too now.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nicolas Vouilloz had a flint with Skoda France in Monaco. Is there a change we might see more of him in the upcoming events?
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Will be good to see him out and hopefully he can mount a good challenge on the other rounds, hopefully there is a chance he will come to Scotland too!
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!