Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    How many times did CART/CCWS split the bill with the trucks.
    IIRC, in Vegas where they ran after the truck race on the same evening, they basically kept a few fans entertained while they were waiting for the parking lots to clear.

Sounds like what mr smith wants, mr smith will get.
    I was there in 2004 and that's exactly what happened. A lot of the crowd left after the Truck race. The rest either stayed to avoid traffic, see what a Champ Car race was like, or were there (like me) specifically for the Champ Car race.

The highlight for me was seeing Jeremy Shaw (journalist) in the tunnel under the track and then him remembering me a week later at Fontana for the IRL event.

I took the attached pic from the end of the grandstand looking back to the rest of the stands.
    \"If you have a problem with what I\'m doing, talk to me, get it all out, then shut up.\" - Juan Pablo Montoya
    \"I tell ya, if my name was \'Juan Pablo Montoya,\' everyone would just kiss my ass!\" - David Letterman
    \"That was a mugging.\" - Tommy Kendall \"You can\'t spell \'fiasco\' without the FIA.\" Those are shark gills, not shark fins! Get it right!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    please say nascar buying indy is a joke. All we need is debris yellow flags, a chase, double file restarts(shootout syle) and fixed races.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think if a shared weekend were to happen, Road America would be perfect. I camped at the Nationwide event this year, and clearly a stronger second series is needed for the future. Though I believe when Indy returns to Road America, it will more likely be at the top of the card with ALMS.
    :dozey: Behold the power of cheese;)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wbcobrar
    I think if a shared weekend were to happen, Road America would be perfect. I camped at the Nationwide event this year, and clearly a stronger second series is needed for the future. Though I believe when Indy returns to Road America, it will more likely be at the top of the card with ALMS.
    Don't hold your breath!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Does anybody really think that it is a good Idea for the IRL to run as a support series for NASCAR?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Does anybody really think that it is a good Idea for the IRL to run as a support series for NASCAR?
    I think it would be fine to run as a support series for Cup. But to run as a support series for a support series (ie nwide or worse trucks) is far more likely to happen, and far more negative for the IRL.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DavePI2
    please say nascar buying indy is a joke. All we need is debris yellow flags, a chase, double file restarts(shootout syle) and fixed races.
    They aint buying Indycar. All we were suggesting was they might share a weekend with the Trucks or Nationwide likely.

Like....why would we want double file restarts? They might be actually interesting...unlike watching the pace car take off and the long single file string string out again. One thing you still don't get. People WATCH NASCAR...they are not always watching the IRL. So to dismiss all what NASCAR does is a stupid way to think.....

On the way they run their road course races and how free they are with full course cautions, I am in agreement with you. That said, they do a lot right....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    They aint buying Indycar. All we were suggesting was they might share a weekend with the Trucks or Nationwide likely.
    The Indycar Series already shares 4 weekends with the Truck series this season. Below is how the schedule went for both series on shared weekends..

Kansas Speedway
    Indycar- May 1, Trucks - May 2

Texas Motor Speedway
    Indycar - June 5, Truks -June 4

Chicagoland Speedway
    Indycar - August 28, Trucks - August 27

Kentucky Speedway
    Indycar - September 4, Trucks, September 3
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion