Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V-Rally 2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

V-Rally 2

Anybody remember this? imo it was one the best rally games made, I even liked over the colin mcrae rally series, which is also great.
    Whats a uni?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah- I have this one. It was a fun one, and far more challenging than V Rally 3...

I need to pull it out sometime and have a go at it again....
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    V Rally 3 was much more difficult than 2 imo. Dunno if your mixing them up Tannat?
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What a flashback!!! I have V Rally 2,3-I like 3 better!

Liked 1,243 Times in 675 Posts
    I'd say 3 was harder than 2 - there was one stage in England which is foggy and hard to set a fast time.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    3 was good, I loved the V-Rally mode, where you created your own driver and started out in the 2 wheel drive cars, then if you were good in that, you got to go in the 4wd class.

3 imo was much harder than 2, it took me and many other people to get used to the handling, cue much swearing and slamming the controller down when I crashed on a stage. but once I got used to it I loved it as much as 2
    Whats a uni?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    V Rally 3 was much more difficult than 2 imo. Dunno if your mixing them up Tannat?
    Nope-no mix up. I can win WRC events in an S1600 on Vrally 3 with no isssues at all

The big difference may be I have it on PS2, and you guys may have it on PC (?)

I had it on XBox as well. Easy to the point of being insulting. A pity as the game had it all...
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Nope PS2. I'm surprised anyone finds 2 harder than 3!
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes,3rd one was trickier to handle but when you driven more it actually became quite easy. Also at V-Rally3,specially if you were on same team more than a year and got upgrades,rally wins by minutes was really easy.

What comes to V-Rally2,some events were quite tough to beat and the game always stayed as it is. Even on arcade where also were the other cars specially on some classes where the oldies were used,them were really hard.

Also in my mind the 2nd one is the best in the serie. So many cars...stages are nice,its a very deep game and as was said the rallyes also given a nice challenge,atleast on some events.Also on some events,the SSS´s turned the results upside down as them had time mistakes(bugs) as on expert you lost 10 secs there even when driven perfectly and beaten your opponent who got then the worst time =P .

Overally V-Rally2 is one of the best rally games ever made. The track editor even when it was a bit dumb was also a really nice add. Also I remember back at the days how excited I was as when it came if Im not mistaken Peugeot was yet to rally and Ford and Skoda were really new cars.
    Schlesser-Aventures

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i used to like v-rally 1 better myself
    Rickard Rydell 2011 STCC CHAMPION!!! :D