Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dammit! I can't say I don't care. Anti-Danica is the most fun I've had with Indycar in 12 years!!!
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Well since she very rarely has actually raced anything as opposed to just driving, it is a bit of a moot question.
    However I would suggest pedal cars. Then when she gets beaten by a five year old she can claim the 5 year old had a weight advantage.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blancvino
    Seconded!

Meeting Chair, "All those in favor of who gives a rat's patootie, say Aye"
    Aye!!

also, I gotta say, Dale Jr. isn't much of a race car driver - but he seems like a decent enough guy who knows where his bread is buttered - not sure I can say the same of Danica (substituting "gal" for "guy").

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ahh, the best way to start the day out! I was starting to think that everyone was a Danica Drone.

My first thought is off to NASCAR, goodbye and good riddance. BUT I don't want the general US racing population to see the "showcase" of talent from IndyCars. If so many want to be ignorant and think she has talent, let em. Let's not open their eyes up to how bad she really is! Just let her hang out till the girls get saggy and Go Daddy no longer, ehem, supports her.......

Hey Jackie Stewart, how's that pick lookin now?????
    "Everything comes to those who wait... except a cat." Mario Andretti

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    umm, Dario went into Nascar and jumped ship from the IRL, only to get toasted there and return, I do think though Dario go the short end of the deal, but he tried to go straight into the game and got beat harshly, Danica wanted to do the same thing, but Dale Jr was smart enough to give her a few nationwide races, because if she went to Cup, someone would've bought her some owner points for 5 races, and those would be the only 5 she would race during the season (unless she manages to Qualify for Talladega and the second daytona race, since that is 99.8% car, and .2% driver.

The Brand is a hack and a plague to racing
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    umm, Dario went into Nascar and jumped ship from the IRL, only to get toasted there and return, I do think though Dario go the short end of the deal, but he tried to go straight into the game and got beat harshly, Danica wanted to do the same thing, but Dale Jr was smart enough to give her a few nationwide races, because if she went to Cup, someone would've bought her some owner points for 5 races, and those would be the only 5 she would race during the season (unless she manages to Qualify for Talladega and the second daytona race, since that is 99.8% car, and .2% driver.

The Brand is a hack and a plague to racing
    I agree with the last line. While there are some who think she is some kind of savior, IMHO she is more of a plague because of the sleazy image she projects. While that may be good for the "Brand", I think it denigrates the image of the IRL. Danica promotes Danica - period.

Some NASCAR fans are already up in arms over the overpowering hype in the media and asking why an unproven "celebrity" driver gets tons of press while other accomplished racers are ignored. Some are going ga-ga, but the more prevailing opinion seems to be that the Brand is a publicity stunt.

The NASCAR experiment could really backfire for the Brand and JR Motorsports, and by association, the IRL. So far, she has been slow, has crashed regularly, and basically hasn't shown any ability to race anyone at that level. She especially hasn't shown any ability or desire to adapt to a loose car as needed in stock cars.

Someone spent a lot of dough to keep the 7 car in the points so she doesn't have to qualify because she hasn't shown the speed to run quick enough. If she fails in Nationwide (which seems very likely) the people duped into thinking she is the "one" to break the gender barrier in NASCAR are going to have a lot of egg on their faces. Her "success" in Indy cars may have opened doors for other women, while a dismal "failure" may close some doors.

It also doesn't look good for the IRL if a driver who finished first in a race (I didn't say "won") and finished in the top 5 in points isn't even competitive in Nationwide driving one of the best cars in the series. It will just add fuel to the ongoing argument about which series has the best drivers, and not in a positive way.

Sadly, the Brand will be in NASCAR and /or the IRL as long as the money flows in. She certainly has Bob Parsons drooling all over her. For others, she seems to fit into adolescent fantasies about the "hot chick" who can beat the "boys".

In some senses, she is one of the worst of the ride buyers as her attitude alone would have gotten her fired from most teams. When that hype bubble bursts, and teams have to judge her overall performance, we may not to endure her presence much longer.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris R
    Aye!!

also, I gotta say, Dale Jr. isn't much of a race car driver - but he seems like a decent enough guy who knows where his bread is buttered - not sure I can say the same of Danica (substituting "gal" for "guy").
    The problem with Dale Jr. is he peaked in the old cars. ~20 wins, 2 B-class championships, but now the times & cars have changed. I don't think Earnhardt, Newman, or Harvick are going to get a championship, & I don't think Kenseth or J. Gordon are getting any more.

Back on topic - I don't think its impossible that Danica could have been a really good driver, I just think that she bought into her own hype & stopped pushing to be better.
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e2mtt

Back on topic - I don't think its impossible that Danica could have been a really good driver, I just think that she bought into her own hype & stopped pushing to be better.
    I think you are right...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    Hey now! R/C car racing takes more skill than people realize!
    I totally agree, but I was just goin' with the flow. I have friends who do it for a living and it's a ton of work.

She'd hand my arse to me on the track, but it's just so much fun to pick on her
    Chrome Horn Racing
    Will Power, 2011 Champion!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    All those kinds of racing take skill & dedication to excel at, it was just such a beautiful progression, each level requiring less dedication & suitable for a younger & less skilled person.

star mazda > go-karts > RC cars > slot cars > Pinewood Derby cars > Mario Kart
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus