Page 51 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I guess I'm the only one's left supporting Milestone around here.

Even If the game Isn't our dreams game...
    even If It's not going to be a new RBR...
    even If It has some flaws or lacks...
    I strongly believe supporting this effort, Is the only way rally gaming returns to the market,
    maybe with a greater title In 2011 or 2012.
    But first a start must be made;maybe not an Ideal one, but a start!

Unfortunately, this Isn't the kind of situation, I was expecting for the pre-release season
    of the new wrc game and certainly not that kind of attitude from the rally community! So sad!
    Codemasters were brutally attacked too, before and after DiRT2 release,
    but hey, that wasn't even close to a rally game...

Can't really see the reason posting anyhting positive around here anymore...
    The game Is doomed already.

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    It doesn't look like its going to be great, but I'm still going to buy it as its a WRC game, and it may be better than expected. It should be fun, and the graphics look OK so I'm sure it will be worth the money.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 22 Times in 8 Posts
    The problem with the WRC is that nobody dares speak or ask controversially, so of course the WRC-drivers that have tested the game must say they like it.
    Rally driver in the Norwegian Rally Championship.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Most rally fans would still moan if someone re-released RBR with modern graphics but gave it a different name, people will never be happy.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    LCD your right about all the negative feedback here, much of it from me. However for me it stems from a decade of disappointment in the rally game genre and it was just amplified by how Milestone touted this game. It went something like this. About a year ago it was announced that a new full licensed WRC game would be coming out on PS3, X-Box and PC! Most realistic rally game ever (or something to that effect) based on real stages that we can race as the real drivers are tackling the rally (simultaneously, this was even posted on wrc.com!), unprecedented like nothing we've seen before. Beginning of the year details emerged and though not officially stated, you could read through the lines that the game would not have real stages but that the game would be based on the real rallies (fair enough).

Then the press release had quotes like this:

"..all the elements that make up the different landscapes of the 13 rallies in order to create highly realistic game backgrounds.."

"...Such an impressive aesthetic reproduction of the landscapes has been followed by a detailed analysis of the physics.."

"..every race course is very realistic not just from the aesthetic aspect point of view but also from the way the driving itself feels."

It all sounded so promising and got most of us excited because it may finally be the game we've waited for. Well we all know what I think of it thus far. It's just been another disappointment to add to the pile of other disappointing rally games. No I haven't played it but it is irrelevant because even if the game had RBR physics (which it clearly doesn't, and people who's opinion I trust have stated it does not) it would not matter.

Anyway, this is the last you'll hear from me on the game (on this thread anyway) and even with my bitter disappointment I'm still holding out hope for 2011, though it will need to be a complete overhaul which I don't think they have time for. Nevertheless, where there's a will, there's a way.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I will be getting the wrc game for ps3. if anybody wants to add me on playstation network, feel free, my psn name is IronRooster92
    Whats a uni?

Liked 36 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennizw
    The problem with the WRC is that nobody dares speak or ask controversially, so of course the WRC-drivers that have tested the game must say they like it.
    Ding ding ding!! We have a winner!

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Is the damage modelling goingto be as poor as ever with any FIA endorsed game? I understand that manufacturers need to to display their products in the best possible light, but if the damage modelling is anywhere near the lague of previous WRC games (the damage modelling in CMR3 is quite good IMO) we are in for a huge disappointment

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LCD
    I guess I'm the only one's left supporting Milestone around here.

Even If the game Isn't our dreams game...
    even If It's not going to be a new RBR...
    even If It has some flaws or lacks...
    I strongly believe supporting this effort, Is the only way rally gaming returns to the market,
    maybe with a greater title In 2011 or 2012.
    But first a start must be made;maybe not an Ideal one, but a start!

Unfortunately, this Isn't the kind of situation, I was expecting for the pre-release season
    of the new wrc game and certainly not that kind of attitude from the rally community! So sad!
    Codemasters were brutally attacked too, before and after DiRT2 release,
    but hey, that wasn't even close to a rally game...

Can't really see the reason posting anyhting positive around here anymore...
    The game Is doomed already.
    i shall be buying it..will be the first WRC game ive bought since the PS2 WRC Game in 2001 i believe and would be up for doing any offline online championship that appears

I have RBR Colin Mcrae 1-5 Rallisport Challenge 1&2 WRC 2001 and WRC 2010 will go with my collection of well played rally games
    the big print giveth the small print taketh