Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I think some people don't grasp that you are actually working and just because you're in a public area doesn't mean you're not busy.

But then I'll always be in a minority as on the rare occasion I do get an autograph it's always before or after an event for the reasons you've mentioned.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    a driver answering his criticism and explaining the situation to the fans.

if that isnt fan friendly I don't know what is.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Everyone has a bad day. Remember that Plato is one of the drivers who has posted on this forum!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Plato
    Dear All,

During the course of a race weekend I give as much time as I can to sign autographs and chat with fans, however, please try and understand that I have a job to do. I have a comitment to Chevrolet, RML, Silverline and all our sponsors. When I appear from the pit garage it doesn't mean I am available to sign autographs, I have meetings and debriefs to attend. We have 3 races during the day and a tremendous amount of time needs to be given to my team. That is why there is a specific autograph session scheduled in the timetable, where I can give my undivided attention to the fans.

I am sorry I cannot sign autographs for everyone. But please try and understand that if I stop for one, then I have to stop for all and nearly every time I refuse I am heading for a meeting or in the middle of something.

Hope the above clears matters up.

Regards
    Jason Plato

so do they all and some are running teams as well or repairing their own car and yet still have time to be curteous
    I've got friends racing all over the world.... good luck to you all.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well tbh, I suprised enough that we have managed to get an explanation for something on this forum

I think we all understand that the drivers have a job to do on race day, but to be frank, most of them do give up extra time from their schedule for us, the fans, its just something thats comes with the job as a driver in the BTCC....
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Les
    so do they all and some are running teams as well or repairing their own car and yet still have time to be curteous
    I'm sorry Les but I feel the need to step in now.

If a driver decides to chat with the fans and mingle around the paddock, perhaps that explains why they are often towards the back (and I am assuming a certain type of driver you are referring to).

It may mean he is not spending as much time looking at technical data, talking to sponsors or guests and being professional about the racing.

You are essentially comparing a professional racing driver to what are glorified club racers.

Your comparison is, in my opinion, flawed.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndySpeed
    I'm sorry Les but I feel the need to step in now.

If a driver decides to chat with the fans and mingle around the paddock, perhaps that explains why they are often towards the back (and I am assuming a certain type of driver you are referring to).

It may mean he is not spending as much time looking at technical data, talking to sponsors or guests and being professional about the racing.

You are essentially comparing a professional racing driver to what are glorified club racers.

Your comparison is, in my opinion, flawed.
    Agreed.

At the end of the day drivers don't HAVE to sign anything for anyone. Go along to the designated signing sessions if you really want a scribble.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's not as if he's occupied at all these 3 times, thus excuses don't stand and the poster of the topic was correct in saying he's not fan friendly. Not ill-intended though, at least he was not rude. It's not wrong to be self-centered, but you are certainly not going to make ppl like you.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speeddurango
    It's not as if he's occupied at all these 3 times, thus excuses don't stand and the poster of the topic was correct in saying he's not fan friendly. Not ill-intended though, at least he was not rude. It's not wrong to be self-centered, but you are certainly not going to make ppl like you.
    I somehow doubt Jason is going to come along and justify his actions again just to get involved in a pissy little argument with a few fans. At the end of the day he's got a job to do and if he feels that stopping to sign autographs will get in the way then poo to you.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    supporting to what AndySpeed said, may we also remember that Jason drives for one of if not the most proffesional team in the BTCC: RML. this is a team who runs international operations as well remember, including the chevrolet WTCC effort. It may therefore be the case that drivers for such a team may have less time for fans than other teams, especially independents, because of more work to do for and with the team, things like more data analysation and more thorough operations in other areas. no disrepect to independent teams or anyone else in the BTCC, but RML are an evidently high class act.

my two cense.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.