Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RMLCruzeing82
    its not going to stop me from supporting him was just disappointed after trying for so many years to get his autograph.

ive got Reid's, Turkingtons. Clelands, Rydells and ive missed plato everytime

o well better luck next time.
    Sorry to hear that mate its never a nice feeling when that happens. It might be worth a cheeky email to the team and see what comes of it

I went to the BSB practise day at thruxton a couple years ago and waited ages for Tommy Hill to come out for an autograph but he never bothered

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge

Matt Neal?
    I'd severly doubt that. not even he would stoop that low despite some of his questionable on track antics on occasion. plus, I would think he was more concerned with communicating with his own team.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDanGTR
    I'd severly doubt that. not even he would stoop that low despite some of his questionable on track antics on occasion. plus, I would think he was more concerned with communicating with his own team.
    yeah, Matt Neal would have probably done something like switch his Porsche Badges to Honda ones or something.....
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurotech
    yeah, Matt Neal would have probably done something like switch his Porsche Badges to Honda ones or something.....
    :
    Rickard Rydell 2011 STCC CHAMPION!!! :D

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurotech
    that sounds more like matt neal
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    going back to the original post - he is one person I have given up taking friends to see. I just cannot believe sometimes how rude he is to fans who have paid good money to get in and buy merchandise. At Snetterton last year my mate was so upset after waiting 15 mins for an autograph that he never got that he chucked the cap he had bought and got himself an Aon shirt and now supports TC & TOC.
    I've got friends racing all over the world.... good luck to you all.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Les
    going back to the original post - he is one person I have given up taking friends to see. I just cannot believe sometimes how rude he is to fans who have paid good money to get in and buy merchandise. At Snetterton last year my mate was so upset after waiting 15 mins for an autograph that he never got that he chucked the cap he had bought and got himself an Aon shirt and now supports TC & TOC.
    that's exactly how i felt after plato said " no got to go" at oulton park and just to make matter worse plato refused at croft last weekend as well.

I got McDowell to sign both my cap and shirt together and i asked plato who was behind him and he just shuck his head ...

so i said to plato, ive come all the way from Bolton to support you and the team and you cant spent 10 seconds to make fan happy. he just shrugged and walked into the garage. Hes an A**hole

£54 for the tickets plus £100 for the B&B plus fuel to get there...i wasnt happy

so think im going to be doing 1 of two things just support McDowell and the team or even switching to Honda

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    support guys like owy, martin johnson, john george. they are total gents, add to that belly, shedden, collard and neal

owy is one heck of a nice guy, we had a right laugh at our drivers forum when my mate chicane dave was sitting drinking blue wkd, owy proceeded to rip the utter mickey out of him and then he said give this guy a round of applause.
    2009, Jonathan Adam BTCC, marshal at Knockhill Orange dont be seen trackside without it

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reidy_fan
    support guys like owy, martin johnson, john george. they are total gents, add to that belly, shedden, collard and neal

owy is one heck of a nice guy, we had a right laugh at our drivers forum when my mate chicane dave was sitting drinking blue wkd, owy proceeded to rip the utter mickey out of him and then he said give this guy a round of applause.
    i heard Owy is a really down to earth guy. ive meet Johnson at oulton park and hes really cool even though it was the first race after his dad passed he was still cool.

I do know neal is a cool guy loads of times him spend time with fans and at oulton greeted his family near the podium after race 2 which i though was really cool of him.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RMLCruzeing82
    that's exactly how i felt after plato said " no got to go" at oulton park and just to make matter worse plato refused at croft last weekend as well.

I got McDowell to sign both my cap and shirt together and i asked plato who was behind him and he just shuck his head ...

so i said to plato, ive come all the way from Bolton to support you and the team and you cant spent 10 seconds to make fan happy. he just shrugged and walked into the garage. Hes an A**hole

£54 for the tickets plus £100 for the B&B plus fuel to get there...i wasnt happy

so think im going to be doing 1 of two things just support McDowell and the team or even switching to Honda
    Why do you feel that you own Plato to the point where he has to sign something for you? Does the fact that you spent £100 on a b&b make you more worthy than someone who lives nearby and didn't have to arrange accomodation?

I remember back in 2005 I went to Rally Australia and came upon Colin and Nicky. Whilst other people were having their pictures taken with Colin I struck up a conversation with Nicky about a rather contraversial incident back in 2001. He seemed to enjoy the fact that I wasn't simply there for a photo op or an autograph but that I was treating him like a person and we talked for a few minutes. It also helps if you have something interesting to sign as well, at Rally Australia in 2005 again I had a photo I'd taken in Finland earlier that year of Marcus Gronholm and Timo Rautiainen in the 307 WRC and as soon as Timo saw it he asked where I'd got it as it wasn't the typical crappy promotional poster they must have been signing thousands of so I said I took it myself when in Finland a few months ago, so he interupted Marcus while he was signing something for someone else to sign it and Marcus said "oh I know exactly where this is, it's x km into special stage x" and of course he was right.

Nobody else has one of these......

[[[[ PICTURE TOO BIG :: REMOVED - MARK ]]]]

Anyway, treat the drivers as you'd want to be treated and try not to be just another person who wants their bloody cap signed and all will be fine.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.