Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Banned?

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    It's always been a problem with moderating. Where someone gets a ban for a seemingly 'minor' offence. Whereas what you haven't seen are the deleted and edited posts and the PM's sent to the member warning them to cool down. The final post is usually just the straw to break the camels back.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    It's always been a problem with moderating. Where someone gets a ban for a seemingly 'minor' offence. Whereas what you haven't seen are the deleted and edited posts and the PM's sent to the member warning them to cool down. The final post is usually just the straw to break the camels back.
    Very true It's a thankless task at times mokin:
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Very true It's a thankless task at times mokin:
    And yet...we only get a very little support/help from everyone
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    I think that's the nub of the matter. We ordinary mortals don't get to see the deleted posts. When someone posts at 3am and we wake up to find them banned, the offending post has long since disappered - and with posters in differing timezones the world over this is often the case. All we see get to see is the disappearance of someone who seemingly wouldn't say boo to a goose, and (rightly) we don't know the full reasons for the ban.

Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Grazie mille
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I think most people do appreciate your time and effort Pino. The one thing that grates with people is that one person seems to dominate a lot of threads and although on the surface seems pleasant enough and doesn't swear, is obviosly rude and disrespectful towards others. Occasionally there is a thread where other people will dominate the discussions but this person is always there doing the same thing and laughing when people react...
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    okay, I will take a bullet for the team and let me make your life much easier and offer my help in how to do so........just put me back on your ignore list!!!!
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    okay, I will take a bullet for the team and let me make your life much easier and offer my help in how to do so........just put me back on your ignore list!!!!
    Listen, I am sick and tired of your attempt to be funny so I am asking this for the very last time: stop posting this crap or I will do that for you !

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    Grazie mille
    I do not understand. Scusi.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Listen, I am sick and tired of your attempt to be funny so I am asking this for the very last time: stop posting this crap or I will do that for you !
    Listen, I am sick and tired of people whining over nothing and getting so worked up over some perceived slight on an internent forum that they make all sorts of mean spirited threats that they most likely would never make in a face to face situation.

So what is the big deal about all of this?

Let me think. I have raced motorcycles and formula cars, and even more fun were the shifter carts. I have rubbed elbows on the track with Colin Edwards, Schwantz, Hayden brothers and others. Known what it was like to crash and get burned. I have played football and felt the pain of not being able to get out of bed, only to do it and go play again. I have met guys like Clark, Bruce McLaren, Swede Savage, and too many others, only to read about their deaths later.

Even worse, I have been to war, seen and done things well beyond your worst nightmare. I have been shot at and shot back. I have saved lives and had lives lost while they were in my arms. To this day, I can still feel the hot muzzle of a weapon against my chest, feeling the click of the hammer hitting an empty chamber because the last round was stuck in the magazine, as well as the horror of what ocurred next. Every day after that is just one more day i should never have gotten.

So how am I to act in response to this rude threat...a seemingly clear violation of the forum rules of decorum....or should i mention, leadership by example.....

I think I have already wasted too much of my time on this subject.

This forum is nothing compared to important matters of life, death and family...it is suppose to be fun and enjoyable, yet all you people get so upset because someone said something they did not like about one of their heroes---a hero making millions for what most of us would pay good money to go do, a hero would could care less about any of us and would not give the time of day to any of us .

If being a moderator is so much work, pain and misery, then quit. I certainly do not want you getting sick over something I said in fun, because life is too short to spend any of it being sick or for that matter, worrying over how it might end.

Maybe Mark ought to pay you some of that revenue flowing in from those ads

There is only one mod,slorydn1, who seems to enjoy what he does, and brushing up against him is always a pleasure.
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    Listen, I am sick and tired of people whining over nothing and getting so worked up over some perceived slight on an internent forum that they make all sorts of mean spirited threats that they most likely would never make in a face to face situation.

So what is the big deal about all of this?

Let me think. I have raced motorcycles and formula cars, and even more fun were the shifter carts. I have rubbed elbows on the track with Colin Edwards, Schwantz, Hayden brothers and others. Known what it was like to crash and get burned. I have played football and felt the pain of not being able to get out of bed, only to do it and go play again. I have met guys like Clark, Bruce McLaren, Swede Savage, and too many others, only to read about their deaths later.

Even worse, I have been to war, seen and done things well beyond your worst nightmare. I have been shot at and shot back. I have saved lives and had lives lost while they were in my arms. To this day, I can still feel the hot muzzle of a weapon against my chest, feeling the click of the hammer hitting an empty chamber because the last round was stuck in the magazine, as well as the horror of what ocurred next. Every day after that is just one more day i should never have gotten.

So how am I to act in response to this rude threat...a seemingly clear violation of the forum rules of decorum....or should i mention, leadership by example.....

I think I have already wasted too much of my time on this subject.

This forum is nothing compared to important matters of life, death and family...it is suppose to be fun and enjoyable, yet all you people get so upset because someone said something they did not like about one of their heroes---a hero making millions for what most of us would pay good money to go do, a hero would could care less about any of us and would not give the time of day to any of us .

If being a moderator is so much work, pain and misery, then quit. I certainly do not want you getting sick over something I said in fun, because life is too short to spend any of it being sick or for that matter, worrying over how it might end.

Maybe Mark ought to pay you some of that revenue flowing in from those ads

There is only one mod,slorydn1, who seems to enjoy what he does, and brushing up against him is always a pleasure.
    I don't care who you are or what you have done in your life, and for sure I don't need you to tell me what to do in here or especially how I have to deal with members like you. I've been reading your crap and complaints for months now and I have no intention to keep doing that. You want to have fun and be funny ? fine, start a thread in chit chat and post what ever you want there, but keep me or any other Mods off your post. You want to complain about me or any other Mods? fine, do it in here in a civil and serious way without using your famous "humour" thank you !

Also I agree about slordy1, so how about you only visit his forum and stay the hell out of F1 and Chit-Chat ?