Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rockingham pickups may 29th

First of all a big Well done to Simon Carr and the team 15 car on a great and deserved win.

Now for the bad news, having turned up at 1.30pm to watch a little racing, i didnt realise how little it was, having been charged (robbed)£15 to get in for 4 hours, what a load of crap it was, i feel sorry for the few remaining pick up teams there as they deserve better, having been made to stand on the start line before the final race by Rockingham for everyone to stand to the national anthem- none of the 65 people in the crowd stood up, the music began and it wasnt even the anthem but a queen song and as the packed track full of 12 cars got going the anthem actually started and was cut off very quickly.
    All i can say is i for one feel i was robbed of my hard earned gate money to watch yet another sonny howard balls up and feel hes slowly ruining another great series. well done mate.
    Theres only 1 Tony Hurdle, 1 Tony Hurdle, theres only 1 Tony Hurdleeeeeeeeee

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for coming and making up the few numbers in the crowd. I hear what you saying. To any who were not there all of the results are on www.smithmotorsport.co.uk and if you also check our news page or blog our twitter feed is on there with a couple of pics from the weekend until we put the full gallery up.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Excuse me Gasman, sorry to disagree, but I did stand up for the anthem and started to sing when it finally came along. Have to agree that the build up was a complete shambles with the wrong music and then cutting it off after a few bars.
    Numbers wise the pickup turnout was a little disappointing, but those that were there gave us a great show - thanks to all of you.
    Other than that, the Jedi's gave a great race in the morning, and I for one was fascinated by the 500's - they might not be fast, but they were fun to watch.
    Keep on trucking Stanty.
    All together 'Cheerios, cheerios, cheerios..'

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Excuse me Gasman. but we never seen the scsa car even go out int the rain, the pickup are down on numbers but they are still using the oval so stop complaining. Get the elms back there and we can see how you get on at the Rock.
    WE need more Oval racing at Rockingham
    montana37 :)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We used to get on just fine at the rock, ascars did do a few laps in the rain once and keith white spun on start straight at slow speeds. Gasman was not talking about running in the rain any way he was just moaning his ticket was not worth 15 quid cause there was a, sod all pick ups there and b, Mr Howards running yet another series into the ground. Elms are quite happy on the short oval. not to much politics going on there.
    A nice big middle finger for you sonny!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by english4ever
    We used to get on just fine at the rock, ascars did do a few laps in the rain once and keith white spun on start straight at slow speeds. Gasman was not talking about running in the rain any way he was just moaning his ticket was not worth 15 quid cause there was a, sod all pick ups there and b, Mr Howards running yet another series into the ground. Elms are quite happy on the short oval. not to much politics going on there.
    I agree but i will say this regarding ELMS on short ovals, Great White Sharks look beautiful in the open sea, restrict them to a fish tank barely big enough and they lose that "something". But thats just my opinion, all politics and BS aside, the V8's need to be on a big oval in my opinion they belong there and look right!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its a different show on the small ovals, like you I thought that there would be something missing, but i was wrong, oh so very wrong - I enjoyed the show so much so, I now race one, yes the seed was sown at the rock, but the show that we now put on i feel is much better, cars spending lap after lap side by side racing for inch gains.

If you haven't seen the cars race on the small oval then come and see them - i sure you be surprised.
    Paul
    Ambulance Service Benevolent Fund Car #39 :spin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Scubie,

I will actually take you up on that offer and will come and watch you guys so i am going to check the calendar and see when i can i would love nothing more than to watch them and be suprised, I will never forget the first time i stepped off the transporter on a Saturday afternoon at the rock and as i did a V8 was powering out of turn 4 in what i think was free practice, Most amazing thing i ever heard! first thought that popped into my head, Cole Trickle testing in days of thunder lol

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You'll be more than welcome, make sure you come and find us and say hello.
    Paul
    Ambulance Service Benevolent Fund Car #39 :spin: