Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: cars in 2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

cars in 2011

Is there any confirmed information about 2011 cars? I have not find anything just rumours that certain teams are developing their own 1600 cars. Isn't this little absurd that at this place of time we still don't know what is the car model for next year's championship!? What's really going on?

In my view it's more than clear that at that point they should get more manufacturers at any cost. It cannot be the way that there is Ford and Citroen and few substanrard team (like Suzuki few years ago). I heard a rumour that Jean Todt has given Ford and Citroen permission to go for 1600 if they can get two other manufacturers to come in. I don't know what's wrong with ISC and Ford-Citroen. Simon Long has openly said that it's best to have only few manufacturers. In reality this is the very factor that keeps rallying in minor position.

Wolkswagen spends 80 million euros to Paris-Dakar in one year. If rallying would be major show like in old days (a lot of tv-coverage in main stations, fascinating competition, longer rallies with cheaper tickets and night stages) there is no slightest doubt that wrc would bring stronger promotion to the brand compared to Parid-Dakar. The problem now is that the show and publicity value of rallying is far from what it could be. I don't think that lack of manufacturers is really due to too high costs per se. Formula 1 is good example that the worth of show is much more important than the costs.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finni2
    Is there any confirmed information about 2011 cars? I have not find anything just rumours that certain teams are developing their own 1600 cars. Isn't this little absurd that at this place of time we still don't know what is the car model for next year's championship!? What's really going on?
    FIA's WMSC confirmed in early March that cars will be based on S2000 regulations with 1.6T engine http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre...sc_110310.aspx

Issue has been discussed several times on this forum since then so a simple usage of search function would have given you the answer.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Confirmed cars in development are

Citroën DS3 WRC
    Ford Fiesta WRC
    Mini Countryman WRC
    Škoda Fabia WRC

Confirmed makers joining WRC as works teams are only Ford, Citröen and Mini.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    OK, I was getting impression that those decisions were rather provisional and not definitely decided.

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]Confirmed cars in development are

Citroën DS3 WRC
    Ford Fiesta WRC
    Mini Countryman WRC
    Škoda Fabia WRC

Confirmed makers joining WRC as works teams are only Ford, Citröen and Mini.
    Mini will probably be an epic failure by entering with a pointles 'crossover' car and they will probably pull out after just one year, rather like...... Suzuki. Although it is always good to have another team in the WRC.

I am not a pessimist but I can quite easily beilive that this will happen.

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest
    Mini will probably be an epic failure by entering with a pointles 'crossover' car and they will probably pull out after just one year, rather like...... Suzuki.
    Care to explain in more details why this crossover car is pointless, what are the reasons for it to be an epic failure?

Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    Care to explain in more details why this crossover car is pointless, what are the reasons for it to be an epic failure?
    I said it will probably be an epic failure, probabibility is different than certain.

Crossover car too high, less aerodynamic, they should have just used the normal Mini.

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest
    I said it will probably be an epic failure, probabibility is different than certain.

Crossover car too high, less aerodynamic, they should have just used the normal Mini.
    So how high is this crossover? How much higher it is than normal Mini?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Donjippo, young people ache to write things off as epic failures so take no notice. If prodrive does a good job then the Mini has as good chance of success as any other new team.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    So how high is this crossover? How much higher it is than normal Mini?
    All I know is what N.O.T said a few weeks ago, even if his posts are not correct, there's no dening that they are entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    i don;t really know that.....what i do know is, that i am not trying to sound pesimistic.

to launch a crossover car for rally purposes i think its a bit stupid....how are they going to have a low centre of gravity with this thing?