Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I think even Schumacher was ashamed after that, but thats all in the past. I'm sure Michael has not taken it as a form of pay back. He leaves that to the less advantaged amongst his fan base.
    when he grinned his "wry smile", everyone knew....
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    when he grinned his "wry smile", everyone knew....
    ........the size of his chin meant he could not chew.....
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    so getting personal abot drivers is universal... QED

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    "Clearly he was involved in a very prejudiced way, that came to my attention when he made the statement about the "wry smile" of MS, showing that Damon did take pleasure in the penalty." This was markabilliy's comment--I messed up the quote thingy.

How does Schumacher's "wry smile" indicate that Damon took pleasure in the penalty? Wouldn't it have to be Damon with the wry smile to indicate that he took pleasure?

From what I read, MS's wry smile came before the penalty was handed down.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts

wonder why when Shoe has been down in the field, he just did not park a fully functioning race car....so no, maybe shoe is not from the same mold after all
    well, he did, but after a certain age it's easier to remember things from 30 years ago then 3.

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    This is the quote:

"But the 1996 world champion admitted that there was a wry smile from Schumacher when he saw Hill as he entered the stewards' room."

I interpret this as MS being cynical and prejudging Damon's involvement. It's either that or Michael was sucking on some Sour Patch Kids as he walked into the room, and made a face that Damon misinterpreted.

Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze
    "Clearly he was involved in a very prejudiced way, that came to my attention when he made the statement about the "wry smile" of MS, showing that Damon did take pleasure in the penalty." This was markabilliy's comment--I messed up the quote thingy.

How does Schumacher's "wry smile" indicate that Damon took pleasure in the penalty? Wouldn't it have to be Damon with the wry smile to indicate that he took pleasure?

From what I read, MS's wry smile came before the penalty was handed down.
    read his comment again.

Bottom line, is that I can see reason for the confusion, I believe that since FA might have had reason not to race, and MS had reason to race and because the FIA screwed up, then put MS back where he was.....despite the fact that MS has by far the more compelling argument, but first I would want the radio transmissions for FA as well as the data showing exactly what fred was doing---was he racing and spun his tires, or was he coasting....?

The issue is that what Damon and his crew did, WAS NOT to do the right thing, or to even try.

That is very clear without question, except for those who feel compelled to defend the pathetic backstabbing hypocrite, but even they know the truth.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    This is the quote:
    I interpret this as MS being cynical and prejudging Damon's involvement.
    Not so cynical as it transpired

This is the quote:

"But the 1996 world champion admitted that there was a wry smile from Schumacher when he saw Hill as he entered the stewards' room."

I interpret this as MS being cynical and prejudging Damon's involvement. It's either that or Michael was sucking on some Sour Patch Kids as he walked into the room, and made a face that Damon misinterpreted.
    this is the direct quote:

he said after he had heard the arguments from those involved: "Believe me, my only concern is that the right thing is done. If that was the case consistently, things would be better. But there was a wry smile from Michael."

yeah no doubt, MS realized where the show was headed...what a joke

And it should be clear now that damon was lying

and everyone knows the right thing: if MS was not to keep the spot, just give it back without penalty

Said so before the ruling came out.....

and no I am not a fan of his anymore than I am a fan of lewis or the others.

The only one i am a fan of, is the beloved Scotnot Speed, bless his painted little toenails

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Now if he were saying, oh, i thought he should be required to give the position back and no time penalty, but i just could not convince the others--that would be one thing
    If Schumacher was guilty of the transgression - which they deemed him to be - then the penalty is a drive through or 20 seconds added to their time. That is absolute and can not be reversed.