Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Damon gets hate mail!

With fans like those, who needs enemies?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83714

Do people honestly have nothing better to do than spit venom in a letter and post it to someone doing a job?

How very sad IMO.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    as much as i disagree with the rule, the interpretation of the rule and the penalty, i don't blame Damon for being part of the process, he was there to offer a drivers viewpoint to marginal (racing) incidents, not to guide the FIA on their shambolic procedures - thats whats the other 3 do.

some people really have their heads up their arses - morons
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    couldn't have happened to a nicer person

Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    How do I send Damon a bottle of scotch? Because of the Schumacher decision I won the Pickem's this week!!! LOL

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    as much as i disagree with the rule, the interpretation of the rule and the penalty, i don't blame Damon for being part of the process, he was there to offer a drivers viewpoint to marginal (racing) incidents, not to guide the FIA on their shambolic procedures - thats whats the other 3 do.
    That's what I assumed, but reading Damon's comments it seems that he was "put in the position of interpreting the regulations".

Having a former driver alongside the stewards was a decision by Jean Todt that I've always supported because they have raced at this level; something the stewards have not. That gives one member of the panel relevant experience and knowledge when judging on-track incidents. The remaining members of the panel should provide knowledge of the FIA rulebook.

As for the so-called "hate mail" - Pathetic
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's not at all surprising that Hill is on the receiving end of this nonsense, and it goes without saying that it is undeserved.

However, I think that some responsibility for this must go to the FIA. They're the ones who have put him up there for people to take pot shots at. In fact, I would go so far as to say that inconsistency in stewarding decisions has not changed at all this year, merely the level of sanction. What's more, they using the good character and reputation of former drivers to lend a sheen of respect to their bad processes. It won't be long before Prost, Hill etc say they don't want to be the ones in the firing line.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    My opinion is if former drivers are to participate, then it would be better than they are not in a position to be making rulings against drivers they actively competed against.

and so he questions the presence of former drivers.

All he says is this:

"Partly, of course, my discomfort was because I was called to make a ruling on an incident involving Michael. I acted entirely properly but I have already received some stinging e-mails accusing me of prejudice."
    So what? It does not say "hate mails"

Clearly he was involved in a very prejudiced way, that came to my attention when he made the statement about the "wry smile" of MS, showing that Damon did take pleasure in the penalty.

Now if he were saying, oh, i thought he should be required to give the position back and no time penalty, but i just could not convince the others--that would be one thing

This penalty was the harshest issued all season long for an alleged transgresion caused by Charlie Whiting or whoever was pushing the buttons and their own unclear rules, while others with far more potential for serious injury have received a reprimand or nothing at all.

Something some folks around here have buried their head trying to avoid answering. What hypocrites

and under their own rules, the safety car was not deployed at the finish:

40.4 When the order is given to deploy the safety car the message "SAFETY CAR DEPLOYED" will be displayed on the timing monitors and all marshal's posts will display waved yellow flags and "SC" boards for the duration of the intervention.

l

So the only thing pathetic is Hill

a backstabber and a hypocrite who could not do it on the track
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    So the only thing pathetic is Hill

a backstabber and a hypocrite who could not do it on the track
    Unlike the Shoe, making personal comments (IIRC) about Hill's family back when they were racing in the 90's, knowing full well that one of Damon's Son's has Downs Syndrome.

It would appear then, perhaps, that the Shoe and his fans are from the same mould perhaps?
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Unlike the Shoe, making personal comments (IIRC) about Hill's family back when they were racing in the 90's, knowing full well that one of Damon's Son's has Downs Syndrome.

It would appear then, perhaps, that the Shoe and his fans are from the same mould perhaps?
    once again, you fail to answer the questions....oh well your silence proves the point.
    But yeah, maybe Shoe and Hill are from the same mold....one just clearly has some balls and the other is just pathetic---

wonder why when Shoe has been down in the field, he just did not park a fully functioning race car....so no, maybe shoe is not from the same mold after all
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    what are you talking about... do have you a link to this as I would love to see it.

The vitriolic rantings on forums are not restricted to fans of any one driver, and they certinally do not represent the driver views or character.

To say so is to be just as guilty of misrepresentation as those you accuse.

To my recolection Schumacher rarely, if ever talked, about his on track rivals let alone their lives away from the track.