Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I saw a tutorial in YouTube for making new tracks ( http://youtube.com/watch?v=xXJJEeb0yfc ), but do you know which program he is actually using to build the track ot this is some kind of a patch?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I don't know which program is (can't get to read it), but making a track doesn't look so hard after you watch the tutorial. It's prety easy to make 'em, at least the track (not the enviroment). It's very cool!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Helstar
    This game is "rally perfection" but it has two problems:

1) not many stages
    2) can't race online

But yes with the mods you can play all stages on tarmac, or the tarmac one on gravel. But in the end you drive on the same corners/ecc. =)
    If you can play it on network then I can find a way for you to play it on the internet Hamachi should work
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I've just got back in a RBR car after 8 months without driving. I must recognice that the physics of the game are great, the bests ever created in my opinion. For now, I'm just unlocking the cars and the tracks in order to get ready for a possible incoming RBR championship. After just 25 minutes of getting back to grips again (doing it begining a new championship in an Impreza, running in UK after passing the basic driving skills school), I won the rally in the hardest mode. Normally, it's a piece of cake, but driving without crashing at all (I don't like to reload if I crash) and trying to get a good result. After a couple of kilometers, it felt good again, even running half of the rally on rain.

I still have to run (and win, of course) the remaining rallyes of the game. But there's only one more doubt in my head...

Whose in for a championship?? Can anybody take care of the numbers while we tackle the stages?

I can't wait, really. Now that I'm getting back in this magnificent game, I feel just as Colin McRae did in Wales Rally GB of 2005 (R.I.P. "Beef") when he got behind the wheel of a Fabia after almost a year without driving in the WRC.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I play in RBR for the month, but after two hours of playing, I knew that I would never again play in "childish" Colin McRae Rally.
    1:15.89 - Rally School in original Xara - video soon on youtube.

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts

Help

Reading your comments, could I get an opinion on whether you think I should buy Richard Burns rally on PS2, on PC or Colin McRae Rally 2005 on PS2 or PC?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If you want a rally simulator, you should go with Richard Burns Rally, but be warned, it's not something you can just pick up and play with immediate success. You need to learn how to control the car and it takes time, but the end result is very satisfying. Richard's rally school is excellent, and it prepares you well for battle on the stages.

As for whether you choose PC or PS2, it's dependent on your system. If your PC is up to spec, go for it, because there is a large number of new car skins and stage mods available, which will further increase your enjoyment. If like me your PC is steam-powered, go for the PS2 version.

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Thanks.
    I downloaded the demo of RBR on PC, and it didn't work. At the first menu it said: error with: PixelShaders/General/CarGlassInternal.pso

Does anyone know what that means?
    Does it mean that if I buy the real game it won't wotk?

Thanks..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It suggests to me that your graphics card doesn't meet the requirements for the game.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Online playing and championships:

No one mentioned before in this thead, there are few sites for online playing:

http://rbr.onlineracing.cz/?setlng=eng with hundreds of players and rallyes, also hosts many national and international championships

http://www.rbr-online.it/ world internet rally championship

http://rbrchamp.rallysimfans.hu/ RBR world rally championship