View Poll Results: Who will be Champion ?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • South Africa

0 0%
  • Mexico

2 5.56%
  • Uruguay

0 0%
  • France

1 2.78%
  • Argentina

2 5.56%
  • Nigeria

0 0%
  • England

3 8.33%
  • Usa

0 0%
  • Algeria

0 0%
  • Germany

1 2.78%
  • Australia

2 5.56%
  • Serbia

0 0%
  • Ghana

0 0%
  • Netherlands

2 5.56%
  • Denmark

1 2.78%
  • Cameroon

0 0%
  • Italy

3 8.33%
  • Paraguay

1 2.78%
  • Slovakia

0 0%
  • Brazil

7 19.44%
  • Ivory Coast

1 2.78%
  • Portugal

1 2.78%
  • Spain

9 25.00%
  • Slovenia

0 0%
  • Greece

0 0%
Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm
    edit: Jan Yeo : although it appears a weird move I can see the logic in that from Capello. Barry seems to be injured so there is no cover in the defensive midfield (Lampard can't do sh*t there, neither can Gerrard) hence the Hargreaves gamble (who even if rusty has WC experience which counts!). While in Cole's case, he has plenty of wingers available and J. Cole hasn't really been in that great a form as Ancellotti rarely started him.
    But with Barry gone we have even less players who can happily play on the left side of midfield. We know from the last WC that Cole can fill that role well. Additionally he might lack form but it's better than anything Hargreaves has done this season, he probably can't remember what a ball looks like! IMO he would be better off dropping other players to bring Hargreaves in for midfield cover, Cole could be a very important asset to the team.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Stupid Lippi's just changed his squad : out defender Legrottaglie, and in offensive midfield G. Rossi ( Villareal) Also the whole Italy are still asking him why not Cassano, or Miccoli, or even the very experienced Ambrosini from Milan, and why are Cannavaro, Grosso, Zambrotta and Gattuso still in the squad...
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

England's 30-man provisional squad for the World Cup finals:

Keepers: Joe Hart (Manchester City), David James (Portsmouth), Robert Green (West Ham).

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Michael Dawson (Tottenham), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Ledley King (Tottenham), John Terry (Chelsea), Matthew Upson (West Ham), Stephen Warnock (Aston Villa).

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Steven Gerrard (England), Tom Huddlestone (Tottenham), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham), James Milner (Aston Villa), Scott Parker (West Ham), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Manchester City).

Strikers: Darren Bent (Sunderland), Peter Crouch (Tottenham), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Emile Heskey (Aston Villa), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United).

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    England should take Bobby Zamora. He has been in inspired form for Fulham this year. He's strong and has pace too.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    A group of Mediocre US athletes have qualified again for the "World Cup" Whoooo Hooooo.
    Why do you put World cup in "-". The FIFA World Cup is the only major single sporting event that can claim to be a true world cup.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Steven Warnock???........................................ STEVEN WARNOCK????....................................... ...................STEVEN BLOODY WARNOCK!!!?????

You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    I see in the paper this morning that Capello is intending to take Owen Hargreaves (who has played about 1 minute in 18 months) over Joe Cole (who is actually good). Surely Pino can't defend that move.......can he?
    HEY Mr Jan...don't go slagging the only Canadian hope in this tournament! We didn't make the cut, so give us just a little something to cheer for, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by edv
    HEY Mr Jan...don't go slagging the only Canadian hope in this tournament! We didn't make the cut, so give us just a little something to cheer for, eh?
    If Owen Hargreaves was fit then he would be a great asset to England. But he simply would be a fitness risk this time.

He was unpopular with the English fans before the last World Cup due to him playing in Germany and because he was born in Canada. But his impressive performances and determination (especially after Rooney was sent-off against Portugal) won over the English fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo

I see in the paper this morning that Capello is intending to take Owen Hargreaves (who has played about 1 minute in 18 months) over Joe Cole (who is actually good). Surely Pino can't defend that move.......can he?
    I'am already worried and mad at Lippi for his choices so I've no time for England sorry : btw Hargreaves isn't in the squad so once again Capello is right

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm
    Josti, How about the Dutch squad?
    We're outsiders I guess. We have a decend squad, albeit a bit unbalanced when you compare the stars in the front (Robben, Sneijder, Van Persie, Vd Vaart) with the rest of the line-up. Our defence may be the weakest link. Still, hopes are pretty high overhere, but I guess we're one of many who thinks their team can win it. We're eager at least, Euro 2008 showed a lot of promise, only it lacked consistency.

To me, the favourites are Spain, Brazil, England, Italy and Germany. Argentina is at least an outsider, but with Maradona, I just can't see them as favourites. I'm still stunned that, with his shabby history outside of football (let alone his personality), he's the representitive of such a big football country. A pretty irresponsible decision of the Argentinien football organization if you ask me. I do look forward to his wacky antics though.