View Poll Results: Who will be Champion ?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • South Africa

0 0%
  • Mexico

2 5.56%
  • Uruguay

0 0%
  • France

1 2.78%
  • Argentina

2 5.56%
  • Nigeria

0 0%
  • England

3 8.33%
  • Usa

0 0%
  • Algeria

0 0%
  • Germany

1 2.78%
  • Australia

2 5.56%
  • Serbia

0 0%
  • Ghana

0 0%
  • Netherlands

2 5.56%
  • Denmark

1 2.78%
  • Cameroon

0 0%
  • Italy

3 8.33%
  • Paraguay

1 2.78%
  • Slovakia

0 0%
  • Brazil

7 19.44%
  • Ivory Coast

1 2.78%
  • Portugal

1 2.78%
  • Spain

9 25.00%
  • Slovenia

0 0%
  • Greece

0 0%
Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    The ultimate sporting competition. May the best team win. It will probably be Spain.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i will miss Russia. arshavin for sure. But will support Germany and Italy
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Can't see Argentina winning it, they barely scraped through the qualifiers. I will be supporting England, it will be horrible.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    England all the way to the Quarter Finals, just like Tim Henman

It will be "the best chance since 1966" and "I think we can go all the way this time"... before a dodgy penalty in the 86th minute against anyone, for something which isn't real spoils it all.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    A group of Mediocre US athletes have qualified again for the "World Cup" Whoooo Hooooo.
    We may be mediocer at your football but I don't see any of your country playing in our sports. At least we show and put up a fight.
    This is the beguining of the next fifty years. heres where i see how much i learned.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Poll added, and sorry if not all squad are in it, but we only have 25 options. Not that these squad have big chances to win anyway but some of them, could reach 1/4 finals. I am talking about : Switzerland, Japan, Chile, and the 2 Korea.
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Portugal's provisional squad:

Goalkeepers: Beto (Porto), Daniel Fernandes (Iraklis), Eduardo (Braga).

Defenders: Fabio Coentrao (Benfica), Paulo Ferreira (Chelsea), Ricardo Carvalho (Chelsea), Ze Castro (Deportivo La Coruna), Bruno Alves (Porto), Rolando (Porto), Ricardo Costa (Lille), Duda (Malaga), Pepe (Real Madrid), Miguel (Valencia).

Midfielders: Tiago (Atletico Madrid), Deco (Chelsea), Raul Meireles (Porto), Nani (Manchester United), Miguel Veloso (Sporting Lisbon), Pedro Mendes (Sporting Lisbon).

Forwards: Simao Sabrosa (Atletico Madrid), Hugo Almeida (Werder Bremen), Liedson (Sporting Lisbon), Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Danny (Zenit St Petersburg).

Here's the squad I will support along Italy offcourse :

Denmark's provisional FIFA World Cup:

Jesper Christiansen (FC Copenhagen), Kim Christensen (IFK Gothenburg), Stephan Andersen (Brondby), Thomas Sorensen (Stoke City); Daniel Agger (Liverpool), Lars Jacobsen (Blackburn), Patrick Mtiliga (Malaga), Per Kroldrup (Fiorentina), Simon Busk Poulsen (AZ Alkmaar), Simon Kjaer (Palermo), William Kvist (FC Copenhagen); Christian Poulsen (Juventus), Christian Eriksen (Ajax), Daniel Jensen (Werder Bremen), Jakob Poulsen (AGF Aarhus), Michael Silberbauer (FC Utrecht), Mikkel Beckmann (Randers), Thomas Enevoldsen (FC Groningen), Thomas Kahlenberg (Wolfsburg), Dennis Rommedahl (Ajax), Jesper Gronkjaer (FC Copenhagen), Jon Dahl Tomasson (Feyenoord), Martin Jorgensen (AGF Aarhus); Michael Krohn-Dehli (Brondby), Nicklas Bendtner (Arsenal), Soren Larsen (Duisburg)

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swoop
    We may be mediocer at your football but I don't see any of your country playing in our sports. At least we show and put up a fight.
    I thought anthonyvop was from the US You've basically just ripped on one of your own

I see in the paper this morning that Capello is intending to take Owen Hargreaves (who has played about 1 minute in 18 months) over Joe Cole (who is actually good). Surely Pino can't defend that move.......can he?
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Spain has by far the most talented and well-gelled group who play beautiful football but its by no means a walk-over as they have plenty of injuries.
    Xavi is playing through one so that Barca can win the title and if he is out, Spain doesn't look as intimidating in mid-field (Fabregas is not yet in the same league IMO) and Iniesta is crucial too. Villa will bang them in (and Torres will score the really crucial goals if he gets fit again) and they have good strength on the bench too. Del Bosque is a smart coach but I feel being favourites may not suit Spain. Still I hope Spain, Argentina (for sentimental reasons with Maradona as coach ) or Italy (my other sentimental pick - as the first team I really supported back in Italia '90) win it.

Capello again is a coach I do not like but admit is very good, so I can see England doing okay although I hope they do not win it. (even though they have a relatively easy path to the later stages)

Josti, How about the Dutch squad? And I know Argentina has played very badly but do not count them if they get out of their group. Brazil were horrible in 2002 in qualifying and still won the cup in the end. They will again be very strong and equally boring to watch I guess like the Scolari team.

edit: Jan Yeo : although it appears a weird move I can see the logic in that from Capello. Barry seems to be injured so there is no cover in the defensive midfield (Lampard can't do sh*t there, neither can Gerrard) hence the Hargreaves gamble (who even if rusty has WC experience which counts!). While in Cole's case, he has plenty of wingers available and J. Cole hasn't really been in that great a form as Ancellotti rarely started him.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion: