Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tour of Epynt

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts

Tour of Epynt

Me and a couple mates are thinking of going up to wales on sunday to watch the tour of epynt. We just looked on the website but the diagrams are tiny n so we were wondering what viewing is like and if the event is well sign posted?

http://www.ptmconline.com/spectator_info.asp

Cheers

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    shold be signposted from the dual carriageway & from the A40 at Llywel.
    you'll see most of the traffic entering the road leading to the camp, you just follow the road up to the camp, once in the camp you follow the road and park at dixies corner, you'll be able to walk to the majority of the stages from here, there's always something to watch cause stage times normally overlap.
    its normally a cracking event and the entry this time is the best quality i've ever seen.

lets just hope the rain stays away as the mountains are a little exposed!
    hope that helps

thats perfect, cheers for the information

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's going to rain big time so take your waterproofs if your going up there!
    can\'t stop is worse than can\'t start!

It absaloutly hammered it down all day lmao. Still it was worth the drive up from devon to see some great machinery in action. We saw around 3 stages though I dont know which ones they were.

One thing that did annoy me was that programes and stage information was very difficult to come by , with some people not wanting to help.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Jeez what a disaster this event turned out to be. The fall out over the MSA's recent fuel ruling looks like it will have killed this championship before it has even really got going. Much sympathy to those crews that were excluded sounds like a complete farce.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As a result of the debacle following the post event scrutineering the championship sponsors have withdrawn their support. Nice work RACMSA.Hopefully they will see fit to meet/and or listen with competitors in this series to try and avert a complete breakdown of tarmac rallying at National level. I know they want all crews to be in shopping trollies and not have some in WRC cars but this is not the way to go about it!

man thats really sad to hear . What exactly is/was the problem with the fuel and so on?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In a nutshell there is major confusion ! The blue book defines what fuel is legal, and the MSA stated that they would be taking samples of fuel,however they didnt explain how they were going to do this. Further more there is no requirement for a fuel sampling point within the MSA blue book yet they intended to take samples from cars that werent equipped with a FIA fuel sample point hence the exclusions.

They claimed they would giving grace , so that people could get their house in order but then went back on their word!

Interesting that this has effected the tarmac series but not apparantly the ANCRO and BTRDA gravel series, yet! Conspiracy theory ready to hand!

The MSA state they have a budget for fuel testing, well I hope its a big one as they are going to have to sample every car on every event at this rate

Why they havent adopted the FIA rules on fuel(as they seem to proclaim tha every other rule change is to bring us more inline with the FIA) seems to be known only to them.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sal

I think your comment of 'yet' has hit the nail on the head. It will surely be coming in both ACNCRO and BTRDA unless of course Legend Fires brave decision on the National Tarmacadam Championship makes people sit up and take notice. I have done a round of both ANCRO and BTRDA this year and on both events we were told to expect random fuel sampling which never came!

That having been said the whole thing is a debacle. The MSA seem to have forgotten two key things:

1. People (myself included) run budgets and to now have to shell out over £5k on new pistons, head rework etc just to run 99 octane fuel is simply a joke. Let alone the cost of testing, and remedial work when it doesn't work - unless of course the MSA are happy to foot the bill for me.

2. More importantly WRC cars are simply not designed to run on pump fuel - be it 99 octane MSA fuel or not. Prodrive and M Sport plus all the other WRC teams spend millions developing engines to run on FIA fuel so for the MSA to try and force people to use 99 octane is madness.

I think Greenergy have a lot to answer for and should be ashamed of themselves over this issue - enough said on that though.

Nick