Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Call me a hypocrite....

I know I was against this when people were wanting Ioan banned but can we please rid the F1 forum of Saint Devote? The sort of racism seen in the Malaysian GP thread has NO place on this forum and IIRC the forums policy on racism is an instaban. Can we get this done ASAP so we can enjoy F1 rather than having to deal with this facepalmtastic stuff over and over again?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Just read the so called 'offending' post.

I wouldn't say it was racist.

I can kinda see what Saint Devote's pointing at but this is 2010 and not 2007. 'Golden Boy' would be more apt today and even

The adulation and reference to skin colour was over-zealous in Hamilton's rookie, then Remember when after Hamilton won WDC and at the McLaren centre and some pillock hack made a reference to him and Obama respectively winning the WDC and US presidency.

The so called Obama-disease in reality is a certain middle class appeasing disease of the media. The media love a feel good story that tugs the hearts of the middle-class eg. nobody cares about gang stabbings but if innocent civillians possibly with 'middle-class aspirations' then that manages to appear in the main headlines.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Can somebody point me to the offending post. i have gone through many of St. Devote's posting and have seen nothing even close to being racist.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Tbh I think it's pretty obvious. He felt the need to bring race into it when there was no mention of it by anything. Clearly the fact that Lewis is black is a problem for him.

Tony, it's the difference between you criticising Obama based on what you think of him (which you do) and you feeling the need to bring Obama's race into it (which you don't)
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    I think there are plenty of reasons to object to much of what he says, which will be obvious to most who read his contributions, but I don't think he's actually been racist. There is absolutely no need for him to have brought race into that discussion, and his comments suggest that his attitude towards race is utterly skewed, but racist? Not really.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quite right, BDunnell.

He gets rattled too easily. Most of his arguments are laughable.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Maybe it would be easier to ban Daniel again?

I didn't think anything racist was said myself, but tire of people flying off the handle whining to try and get others banned. I often don't agree with the point of views and sometimes just crazy debates in the forums, but if I don't want to read it I can use the ignore function.

After the last round of bannings I thought it was made clear that jumping into multiple threads, or creating them, to attack another poster wasn't something to be tolerated. The supposed offending post could have simply been forwarded to a moderator for review, rather than aired in public.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Ah come on. It's clear enough to see. No one else feels the need to bring someone's race into a discussion about motorsport. Now if Lewis did actually get away with murder due to racial sensitivities I could understand it but this wasn't justified at all.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    In my opinion it was a rather silly comment but I don't feel overtly racist. St. Devote is often contraversial and quite opionated but then so are quite a few of us.
    I found some of the comments that followed to be more out of line than the original one and really had no place in the forum.
    I think we should just let it drop here and now.
    Daniel if you really feel strongly PM Pino and let him decide rather than creating a fuss on the board.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Tbh I think it's pretty obvious. He felt the need to bring race into it when there was no mention of it by anything. Clearly the fact that Lewis is black is a problem for him.

Tony, it's the difference between you criticising Obama based on what you think of him (which you do) and you feeling the need to bring Obama's race into it (which you don't)
    The issue some might have is that the fact LH was black was pushed by the media. AFAIK LH never tried to put a damper on that talk.

Last year I had an issue with the US F1 broadcast. Particular David Hobbs's insistence on call Felipe Massa "Phil" and Fernando Alonso "Fred". Why did he feel the need to angloize their names? Being Latin myself I found it a bit degrading.

It is all a matter of perspective.