Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: About you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harsha
    harsha here from ,Hyderabad,India
    just a boring guy doing a boring programming job :

good to see some new members in this forum cause i can remember a time where there were only about 7 members posting in this forum....

hope that the other guys come back,and my passions apart from f1 is motogp or is it the otherway round...

also like music(iron maiden,judas priest,pain of salvation,epica,helloween......................... .....................................)

rock hard,ride free...............
    Harsha, what is the road racing scene like in India?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the Indians are not much into bike racing i'm afraid,not much sponsorship.........................the cart and the car racing series ok,we get some decent drivers coming up....but bikes,nope
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi I'm Corné van Lavieren. Probably the youngest member here, 17 years old and from Holland (Mid Holland, near Ede). I'm a student, and I drive a Yamaha Aerox, which is a scooter of course.
    I came in touch with MotoGP already on my third, my father goes to the TT-Assen since his fourteenth so I kind of rolled into it. I didn't really like bike racing when Doohan was on top (that was the time I could understand MotoGP), because the bike's noices weren't good and IMO WRC was better at that time (I did like SBK at that time!). But 2002 got me interesting again, that four strokes are some bikes man.
    I can't see any sport begin better than MotoGP at the moment; could you tell me a top motorsport where 4 people end in 1 second after 45 minutes of racing?
    I go to Assen every year, for WSBK and MotoGP. It's a real good track and everyone has to go there sometime, you can come real close to the race track in Assen!
    My father has got a YZR750 from 94/95, I'm not sure in there, which he has made in the colors of the Yamaha GP Laguna Seca colors 2005. Quit cool in there..

Corny
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach24
    Racing highlight was racing at the WSBK supports a few years back in Aussie Superstock.

I got hooked on bike racing the first year WSBK arrived at PI when by accident I found myself at the track. Stefan Merton threw it into the pit straight wall with flames aplenty and I have been hooked ever since..
    Hi Mark, I have an AMCN poster of that Duc 851 flaming its way down pit straight - amazing moment.

We seem to have a few real racers here, that's very cool.
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is it time for this thread already, man where did that last year go?

Anyway, my name is Matt, I'm 26 years old. I'm from Melbourne, Australia although I now reside in Barcelona, Spain (not far from the GP circuit). I live with my roomie, a MotoGP journo named Maria and also now my 3 year old God-Daughter who am I now the legal guardian of (hence my lack of spare time). For a crust I work with Honda Spain on their Junior Rider Development program. I have been a MotoGP fan since the Wayne Gardner, Wayne Rainey, Eddie Lawson days. My big passion though is Motocross/Supercross (Go Reedy). I currently ride a Honda CBR600RR which I got for FREE from Honda Spain and I also have three (yes count them) three Honda dirt bikes, two CRF450R's and one CRF250R. I'm living the dream baby.

Oh and on top of all that I am the president of the 'I Hate Neil Hodgson Club'.
    Jono Porter 12/05/81 - 09/06/04
    MX's Celeb Crush - Sue Bird :love:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Hello

My name is Chris (D'oh) I'm 26 years old and I'm from Cyprus. for the past few years I've been living at the UK where I do a part time postgraduate decry and work.

I started out as a world superbike fan in the late 90s mostly because that was the series I was able to watch on TV, I got into GP racing in 01 I think but since then I tried to expand my knowledge of GP by buying books and past season reviews

I don't own a bike atm, I used to own a 98 Yamaha R1 that I crashed heavily and ended up in the hospital for a month. regardless of that the R1 remains my favorite bike and I want to buy one as soon as I'm able to afford it
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi all, I'm Ed, a 40 year old (AAAAHHH) from Washington State in the US. I own an 02 CBR600F4i that I have put over 36,000 miles on in the past 2 1/2 years, though I just bought a car so my ride time will be reduced. I also am set to be married later this year, to a wonderful woman who owns a Ducati and got me hooked on MotoGP about 3 years ago. Her daughter calls me "daddy" and I pick her up on the bike after school. We are all Loris fan's though the kid has a thing for Rossi. I hope to add a Sport Tour to the garage but that may have to wait until after the nuptules.
    edlalu rides his cbr600f4i everyday!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS
    Hello

My name is Chris (D'oh) I'm 26 years old and I'm from Cyprus. for the past few years I've been living at the UK where I do a part time postgraduate decry and work.

I started out as a world superbike fan in the late 90s mostly because that was the series I was able to watch on TV, I got into GP racing in 01 I think but since then I tried to expand my knowledge of GP by buying books and past season reviews

I don't own a bike atm, I used to own a 98 Yamaha R1 that I crashed heavily and ended up in the hospital for a month. regardless of that the R1 remains my favorite bike and I want to buy one as soon as I'm able to afford it
    Good on ya mate. Glad to see the crash hasn't put you off bikes. Hope you can get a new one soon. My old man has a 2002 R1 and it is FAST! I think World Superbikes are more of the motorcycle enthusiasts favourite whereas MotoGP is more open to just motorsport fans. Good luck with your saving.

Quote Originally Posted by edlalu
    Hi all, I'm Ed, a 40 year old (AAAAHHH) from Washington State in the US. I own an 02 CBR600F4i that I have put over 36,000 miles on in the past 2 1/2 years, though I just bought a car so my ride time will be reduced. I also am set to be married later this year, to a wonderful woman who owns a Ducati and got me hooked on MotoGP about 3 years ago. Her daughter calls me "daddy" and I pick her up on the bike after school. We are all Loris fan's though the kid has a thing for Rossi. I hope to add a Sport Tour to the garage but that may have to wait until after the nuptules.
    Crikey, that's a lot of riding! Congratulations on getting married this year. Hope it goes well. You clearly have a great woman there with terrific taste.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi chaps, I finally bit the bullet and went out and bought a brand spanking K6 model 650 Bandit, its not the fuel injected K7 but its smart enough for me.All black and naked, just the way I like 'em. It hasnt dried up since I got it delivered but Ill get it run in this month hopefully.