Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: About you

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

About you

Hi all
    I started this thread last year, so we could get to know each other a little better. I think it went well, and most of the regulars know each other on a first name basis. Since last year, we have had an increase in new members, and also an increase in visitors from other forums. It's great to know who you are discussing racing with, what their interests are etc,etc.
    So, I will get the ball rolling.

My name is John. I am 40 yrs old (AAAAHHHHH). I am an Aussie living in China, teaching English. I love motorcycle racing, V8 supercars, and motorsport in general. My wife is Chinese (4 years married now), and is also a member of the forum, (loudanfox). I am trying to get to Shanghai for the Motogp this year, but, it will be hard to fit in with my new work schedule. I am originally from Penrith (near Sydney, not UK) in Australia, but fell in love with China, and plan on staying here the rest of my life. I would love to hear from some of the new forum members and where they are from etc.
    That's me, if you want to know more, send me a PM.
    Cheers.
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My name is Ryan. I'm 32 yrs old (AAAAAHHHH). I live in Canada and I am an art dealer / computer programmer. I spend my days selling historical and contemporary artwork and my nights programming web sites. I have a beautiful baby girl and the best wife in the world (no offense loudanfox). We got married last year and went to Mugello for our honeymoon. The next motorcycle race we see live will hopefully be Laguna (or maybe Indy) in 08.
    go speed racer go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    my name is wes. i am 22 years old. my birth certificate says i am australian but my heart says i am a kiwi. i am getting married on july 7th this year (woohoo!). only 128 days to go!! i am currently studying primary teaching at uni but still have three years to go (booo, to long ). i like just about every sport under the sun. i am a suzuki fan (dont know if there are many on here) and fav rider at the moment is john hopkins.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Glad to have you on board Wes. Congrats on the wedding plans, hope it all goes well for you. If you need any ideas for teaching plans, let me know via PM. I have been teaching for 6 years now, and have lots of plans, ideas etc,etc. I would be glad to help if you need something. maxu05/John
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I may or may not have been around for this topic last year... so let's do it again regardless.

I'm Murray, and I am a motorcycle addict : )

I live in Sydney's Inner West, although I grew up in the Snowy Mountains and the Picton/Wollondilly district. I've got a gorgeous partner who also rides (she had a Triumph TT600 when we met), and two great little kids (3yo girl and 6mth old boy). I like musclecars, snowsports, beer, mountainbiking/canyoning/anything to do with the outdoors really. And I've been a huge moto race fan since the '90s, and was very pleased to come across this forum last year. The moto sites I also frequent don't go into the level of detail on racing that you can find here.

One day I will go to IoM, and I'd also like to attend the Suzuka 8hr sometime.
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hi,I'm Helen,this is my English name ,I'm 29 yrs old (AAAAAHHHH)this year.I from China ,I'm married ,my husband is maxu05 ,nice to see you guys online ,maybe this year I will online more time ,my English writting is not very good ,hope all of you can understand .
    Go Rossi , you are the best !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey hey, I'm Jake (I like to think im one of the regulars.) I be 19 years old (no AAHHH for me ) Im an Aussie, live in Oztralya I too love bikes, just motorsport in general really. Im currently studying media at Uni. I hope to one day be involved in the world of MotoGP in some capacity ( i.e media ) I live in Melbourne, Victoria and went to the Island last year for the GP, will be going again this year. My other passion, aside from bikes is music, my favorite band is MUSE, I saw them live for the first time earlier this month, best live act EVER! (Im currently wearing a MUSE tshirt. haha) Peace out..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    harsha here from ,Hyderabad,India
    just a boring guy doing a boring programming job :

good to see some new members in this forum cause i can remember a time where there were only about 7 members posting in this forum....

hope that the other guys come back,and my passions apart from f1 is motogp or is it the otherway round...

also like music(iron maiden,judas priest,pain of salvation,epica,helloween......................... .....................................)

rock hard,ride free...............
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    G'day, Mark from Australia here, 36 years old, married with first child on the way (early May). I have riden since I was 21 and tried my hand at road racing for a few seasons. Anyhow...... after realizing how hard it really is I thought I would just add to forums giving my 'expert' opinion instead of getting in the way of the fast guys.

Racing highlight was racing at the WSBK supports a few years back in Aussie Superstock.

I got hooked on bike racing the first year WSBK arrived at PI when by accident I found myself at the track. Stefan Merton threw it into the pit straight wall with flames aplenty and I have been hooked ever since.

Whilst I prefer Superbike I have an equal passion for MotoGP.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice job John. Perhaps this could be a sticky for people to add to as they join, to fit in a little quicker? Just a thought.

Anyways, I be Clint, brother of Lanky_Wes (you should all feel sorry for me!). I am 26 years of age (AHHH!!!) and live in the south eastern suburbs of the mighty city of Melbourne in Straya. Motorcycles are a massive passion of mine and I have attended every round of WSB in Aus since '95 and MotoGP since '97. I currently ride a 2006 Kawasaki ZX6R and am a dyed-in-the-wool Kawasaki nut.
    My other passions in life include Football (Aussie Rules of course ), most forms of motor racing and rock music, anything from Johnny Cash to the Beatles to the Living End and Tool. My main passion is my Christian faith.
    I work in our family business ,which I enjoy, and we sell irrigation, pumps, tanks and other related type products.

Good luck with the kid thing, Mark. Hope it goes well and he/she comes out healthy.
    Get off my lawn