Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Anyone going to Silverstone?

Unfortunately I'm not, but for those of you with tickets, FOM are running a competition where two people will win access to the pit wall for the race:

Organisers said on Tuesday that anyone purchasing two or more tickets for the race before 30 April will enter a competition to win ticket upgrades to the Formula 1 Paddock and Paddock Club Hospitality, and will also join a team on the pit wall to experience the race atmosphere.
    http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/82310

I assume ticket holders get entered automatically, so best of luck to anyone who's going..

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    At current prices, no, as much as i'd love to. I'm not forking out a couple of hundred to line Bernie's pockets.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    At current prices, no, as much as i'd love to. I'm not forking out a couple of hundred to line Bernie's pockets.
    Indeed A quick look at the Silverstone website shows that tickets for Sunday are available "from £185.00", but what's left is nearer £220.00.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    And if you'd actually like some company on race day....or I can go on holiday and then watch it on TV via the BBC red button.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    On the other hand, for £25 you could go to Brands Hatch on the 2nd May for the BTCC and see 10 races starting at 10am.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    On the other hand, for £25 you could go to Brands Hatch on the 2nd May for the BTCC and see 10 races starting at 10am.
    Yes good call Is the Silverstone F1 GP going to be 9 times more exciting than the BTCC? I doubt it!
    I'd also recommend the British Superbike season opener at Brands over the Easter weekend, sure to draw a good crowd; and for historic F1 fans, the Masters Historic Festival and Historic Sports Car Club Superprix, in May and July respectively.
    You could take the entire family to all of those for less than 1 ticket to the GP

Or just fly easy-jet to Bergamo (£30 return if you book early enough), B&B in Bergamo (£30), get the train to Milan (normally free because nobody checks your ticket...not that I'm condoning such behaviour, but even if somebody does it's about £7 for a ticket) then hop on the free train from Milan Central to Lesmos corner station and pay 40euro's for a general admission ticket.

That way you get a fly-away GP, at the classic Monza circuit, with the Tifosi and the atmosphere, plus your missus gets to (window) shop in Milan and you don't have to go anywhere near moronic Silverstone attendees into the bargain.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I was looking to go Monza last year, for 100€ you got 3 days general admission and camping. I hate the ridiculous prices here.

BTCC is amazing value for money, i'll be at Rockingham in April!
    ---/\==

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    Or just fly easy-jet to Bergamo (£30 return if you book early enough), B&B in Bergamo (£30), get the train to Milan (normally free because nobody checks your ticket...not that I'm condoning such behaviour, but even if somebody does it's about £7 for a ticket) then hop on the free train from Milan Central to Lesmos corner station and pay 40euro's for a general admission ticket.

That way you get a fly-away GP, at the classic Monza circuit, with the Tifosi and the atmosphere, plus your missus gets to (window) shop in Milan and you don't have to go anywhere near moronic Silverstone attendees into the bargain.
    ahhh an excellent post ruined by the last sentence....... as always
    All other opinions are wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    ahhh an excellent post ruined by the last sentence....... as always
    I know the truth can hurt, but I've never understood how can a fact ruin a post.