Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostdancing
    The payback was always on the cards, the bad blood is there for all to watch. But not when your 100 laps down, and not when the other guy is in 4th.

The timing was bad, the result was bad, and Edwards knew it.

It's not over, I just hope they don't involve an Earnhardt or a Johnson in their silly lovers tiff, then NASCAR will be upset.
    Edwards paid him back because he had nothing to lose, and he blamed Brad for being those 100 odd laps down. I get why he wanted revenge...totally get that. I would rather meet him the garage later and lay him out with a right cross....but of course, NASCAR woudln't like that either.

You say they better not get Earnhardt or Johnson in there? NASCAR is upset now....if Brad had taken out anyone else when is car went sideways, you can bet Carl would have more than NASCAR to worry about.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Edwards paid him back because he had nothing to lose, and he blamed Brad for being those 100 odd laps down. I get why he wanted revenge...totally get that. I would rather meet him the garage later and lay him out with a right cross....but of course, NASCAR woudln't like that either.

You say they better not get Earnhardt or Johnson in there? NASCAR is upset now....if Brad had taken out anyone else when is car went sideways, you can bet Carl would have more than NASCAR to worry about.
    Aplogies Mark, I keep forgetting the differences in the way we all come across on the board. Being English is was being ironic, which as a fine Canadian you might not have picked up on. You right though, wish these issues were sorted in the garage not the track.
    - :spinhead: Oh he turned him !!!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PitMarshal
    The only thing I'm disgusted by is the fact that people are actually defending Edwards here. The guy is a jerk and in any other race series his license would have been ripped up long before now. The only thing Keslowski is guilty of is planting his wheels on the yellow line and then refusing to give way when someone else moves down on him. Obviously Edwards didn't expect him to go airborn but the fact remains that someone of his experience should know better than to turn someone around at 190mph+ Nascar need to come down on him and come down hard before someone gets killed or seriously injured.
    Yes, it's a shame he didn't conduct himself with the grace and class of a 7 time F1 champion.

Oh wait......

Nevermind
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa

This goes back to last year. Brad wrecked Carl out of the lead in the Nationwide race in Memphis in addition to his other more publicized run-ins with other drivers. Talladega actually has very little to do with it as that was caused by Nascar rules. (Regan Smith was penalized out of a win because he chose not to wreck Stewart the previous fall, so no one was going to give an inch after that.)

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    I like edwards, but he should get a severe penalty in the likes of a 3 race ban for his actions. They could have killed Brad K. And they were deliberate. I'm telling you if Brad K was seriously hurt and with edwards statements, he would be looking at more than race sanctions. It could have gotten into a court of law.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    From Carl Edwards' Facebook Page:

Carl Edwards My options: Considering that Brad wrecks me with no regard for anyones safety or hard work, should I: A-Keep letting him wreck me? B-Confront him after the race? C-Wait til bristol and collect other cars? or D-Take care of it now? I want to be clear that I was surprised at his flight and very relieved when he walked away. Every person has to decide what code they want to live by and hopefully this explains mine.
    Actually, his attitude is not that different than Bobby Allison's was back in the day.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I didn't like it one bit because I really felt like JPM was going to catch the #2 car.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexamateo
    This goes back to last year. Brad wrecked Carl out of the lead in the Nationwide race in Memphis in addition to his other more publicized run-ins with other drivers. Talladega actually has very little to do with it as that was caused by Nascar rules. (Regan Smith was penalized out of a win because he chose not to wreck Stewart the previous fall, so no one was going to give an inch after that.)
    Listen, I don't doubt Carl has ample reason to dislike Brad, and why. Most of the garage has had issues with Brad's take no prisoners attitude. That said, Carl picked the wrong place to do it and a damned dangerous place. That said, if NASCAR comes down really hard on Carl, they are really just punishing him for something that they refused to do. They said "we will let the drivers police themselves" and let Brad push people all over the race track most of last year. Never once was Brad called into the trailer and disciplined. Maybe he was talked to, but that was about it. He just kept dumping people this year I guess, so why is anyone surprised when the stakes multilply and Carl does what he does? I think they should step in, but they said they WOULDN'T and they HAVEN'T. Either they should step in at any time they see someone get someone into the fence, or never step in...or maybe use their brains like they used to and step in before we have a driver put another in the fence at one of the fastest tracks in NASCAR?

This letting drivers settle their own hash is like hockey fans complaining about the level of danger in a hockey fight and then cheering like mad when there is a fight......tad hypocrtical.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Absolutely nothing wrong with what Carl did.

Brad's done it many many times and never been penalised.

I don't see a problem here. NASCAR have GOT to be consistent, and that means parking Carl for the rest of the race should be the end of his punishment, just as they've taken no further action in many similar situations in the past.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    All I will say is the title of the thread should be changed.
    That was NO Accident.
    That was deliberate payback that got way out of hand.