Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What I'm saying is that if yer dead it doesn't matter how hard ya hit the wall.
    "He had the talent to be a champion, if only he weren't so stubborn." Harry Hyde

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 71Fan
    What I'm saying is that if yer dead it doesn't matter how hard ya hit the wall.
    Oh how I love these forums! What on earth are you talking about!!??? mokin: 'If yer dead it doesn't matter how hard you hit the wall'. So you mean if you die at the wheel then crash? Yes, you are right, it really doesn't matter. Jeeez, I can't do this any more. I'm going outside to poke a rusty fork in my eye.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shazbot
    Oh how I love these forums! What on earth are you talking about!!??? mokin: 'If yer dead it doesn't matter how hard you hit the wall'. So you mean if you die at the wheel then crash? Yes, you are right, it really doesn't matter. Jeeez, I can't do this any more. I'm going outside to poke a rusty fork in my eye.
    It's called "internet forum logic". It doesn't have to make sense, it just needs to be stated with conviction.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok fine, if you die after hitting the wall it doesn't matter how hard you had hit it.

Geesh.
    "He had the talent to be a champion, if only he weren't so stubborn." Harry Hyde

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum
    It's called "internet forum logic". It doesn't have to make sense, it just needs to be stated with conviction.
    Oh we have LOTS of people with conviction....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by slorydn1
    The spoiler is not the be all and end all. BUT, the spoiler should increase the V2 speed (aviation term for take off speed) over what it is for the wing. And maybe NASCAR should look into adding the aero aids it intro'd at Daytona this year for ALL the races instead of just the plate races (the bigger, longer shark fin). It may be ugly, but according to NASCAR it added about 7 mph to the V2 speed, allowing them to utilize the larger plate).

Well,it appears someone at the tech center has some sense:

Fin to be implemented with spoiler: The 3½ inch fin that NASCAR implemented for the left side of the rear deck lid and window for the Daytona 500 will be used at all tracks once the spoiler is introduced, expected to be at Martinsville on March 28, to help keep cars on the ground. It was determined during wind tunnel tests after #12-Brad Keselowski's car went airborne in the closing laps at Atlanta Motor Speedway two weeks ago that the fin would decrease the probability of liftoff. They were introduced at the Daytona 500 with the intent of being used only at restrictor plate tracks. "It is an asset we can use everywhere," series director John Darby said. Kurt Romberg, the chief of aerodynamics at Hendrick Motorsports, said the fin helps break up the air and prevent a low pressure area from developing across the top of the car that creates liftoff.(ESPN)(3-17-2010)
    http://jayski.com/cupnews.htm#news-spoiler18
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ