Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    Wow Riley, for someone who never bothered or cared to ever visit the NASCAR board before this accident, you've really got your panties in a wad.
    There has been some interesting discussion here, but I'm afraid your comment doesn't really add much does it?

I promise I won't bother your NASCAR forum again, but at the risk of repeating myself for the third time - I'm only saying that I find the deliberate wrecking of another competitor at such high speeds perilously dangerous as well a desperately talentless way to overtake. Yes I know 'rubbin is racin' but I'd challenge any of you to sit in the front row at Talledega whilst a car is launched at you at 190 mph and not blink. Oh and you'd have to be sober. Now I'd better go and un wad my panties. Any tips Lee Roy?

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Riley
    I promise I won't bother your NASCAR forum again, Now I'd better go and un wad my panties. Any tips Lee Roy?
    My wife actually handles that for me :

Don't go running off and hiding because Lee Roy smacked ya, we've all been smacked by Lee Roy at one time or another. But we love him anyway, he's like grandpa around these parts.

I happen to disagree with you %110, but that doesn't make your points any less valid, nor does the fact that you have only 28 posts and have only been here for 2 months have anything to do with what you are trying to say.

Just remember, Nascar is different from open wheel. Always has been, always will be.

And Yes, I would be absolutley BALLISTIC if Hamilton intentionally wrecked Massa in an f1 race because thats not what f1 is about. Just ask Shuey what that gets ya (can anyone say Jerez).

But in Nascar it's acceptable although even I wish Carl would have picked a better spot on the track to take care of bidness.....

I'm not real fond of Carl Edwards, never will be,but I gotta stick up for his right to address the rookie punk's wrongs. That said, Carl has to understand that several other drivers are now looking at what Nascar said and are probably dredging up old wrongs that he was responsible for and he may have to watch his mirrors for a while to come.

Here,have a
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    My only problem with the payback was where it happened and the speed.
    But never say never.
    Last year at Mosport a Formula Vee made it over the tire barrier, the concrete wall and a catch fence approx another 12 feet high. Luckily one rear wheel did catch the top of the fence and left the car dangling on the spectator side of the fence probably 10 feet from the actual spectator fence.
    A ruddy Formula Vee doing maybe 100 mph there! Sure it was open wheel but it was that close at a fairly low speed.
    I just hope after this the drivers will use a little more care in where they do payback. It is part of stock car racing at every level.
    I can also assure you the sports car guys are no angels either, maybe just a little more discrete.
    Open wheel are pretty careful but remember PT and his infamous chrome horn.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter

I can also assure you the sports car guys are no angels either, maybe just a little more discrete.
    Laguna seca last year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3y0tbdpcFc

please tell me, whats worse than this move, maybe one of the dirtest move ever for a win, that should've been stripped
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    Laguna seca last year

please tell me, whats worse than this move, maybe one of the dirtest move ever for a win, that should've been stripped
    Yes, that move should of had the win stripped, but the Edwards-Keselowski affair is far worse on the grounds that Edwards was 150 laps down while Keselowski was in the top-10.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    Laguna seca last year

Darn it I'm back! I'm not out to bash NASCAR - any time any driver deliberatley takes out another competitor is unacceptable what ever the series - NASCAR, F1, IRL, ALMS etc etc. The incident you highlight could easily have injured a corner worker. I take it from your post that you don't approve of this or the Edwards Keselowski crash.

I may have misquoted you but I believe you've said that a car will NEVER hop a fence. I do hope you are right. As another contributor to this thread noted, the Tony Renna accident at Indy a few years back was grizzly to say the least and had there been spectators there the it would not only have been poor old Tony that perished. I hope that the 'Car of Tomorrow' and a it's apparent high safety rating doesn't breed a false sense of security in the drivers.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Riley: As I mentioned I am a retired road racer but I have driven a stocker. I have also followed the taxi cabs since they ran on the beach at Daytona!
    Tradin paint and deliberate hitting plus payback is the culture and the name of the game. You are not going to change 60 plus years of attitude.
    I appreciate you do not like it but the taxi cab people don't give a rats --- what you think.
    The Vette drivers in the ALMS series are as rough and dirty as anyone.
    And please do not try and tell me the pro sports car guys do not hit on purpose.
    I drove pro sports cars for 9 years. There always was a certain amount of hitting on purpose. And yes I hit and got hit.
    Actually just watch almost any race with the Daytona Prototypes.
    Open wheel do not hit much on purpose only because it is as likely to take you out too.
    That said what Edwards did at that speed was extremely dangerous and stupid.
    Just watch Bristol and Martinsville.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If Robby Gordon did what Carl did he'd have been parked for five races and penalized 500 points.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Granted it's in a slightly different context, but just for anyone who thinks a full-bodied car can't clear a catch-fence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n8MhZhw_sQ

I'll quite happily admit that when I started watching oval racing part of the appeal was the knowledge that some tracks almost guaranteed a crash-fest, but there is a difference between getting loose and losing the car or a bump-and-run going wrong, and a blatant attempt to end another guys race. I wrote in another forum that NA$CAR are setting a very dangerous precedent here. It's all very well saying the drivers shold be allowed to police themselves, but Nascar as a sanctioning body have to set limits. By doing nothing more than slapping Carl on the wrist they've effectively given drivers the green light to do whatever they want. What Carl did might be fine on a dirt track or a cookie-cutter, but at 190mph on a dog leg no-one can predict how the cars are going to behave. The only thing Nascar should have considered is that if Brad had gone through, or over the fence, both Carl and Nascar would amost certainly be facing manslaughter charges.

Having said all that it should certainly make Bristol more entertaining with anyone coming up behind CE knowing they can nerf him out the way and he can't retaliate unless he's VERY careful how he does it. It'll certainly be interesting to see what happens if BK catches him anytime in the next three races...
    "Inside every fat person is a thin person dying for some chocolate."

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1329
    If Robby Gordon did what Carl did he'd have been parked for five races and penalized 500 points.
    To be fair, if Carl crashed people out as often as Robby Gordon does, he would've been.