Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rally-Vid -

Thank you for this, Great piece of work!

Rick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Right....

Does anyone have the co-ordinates for the spectator viewing points (or best places to view) for all stages??

If so, please can you share and I will create a Point of Intrest file for my tom tom and I will upload the files to share.

It makes it some much easier to plan routes etc then.

Cheers

Rick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Like Henrii6 above, Rallye Deutschland will be my first WRC event. I'm an American living in Germany about an hour south of Trier. Since this is likely to be the only WRC event I get to attend before I leave Europe, I'd like to do it right. Got a couple newbie questions, though:

Is it possible to get one day passes, instead of the full event pass on the ADAC site? How or where would I get one? I only have one (maybe two) days I can attend because of work.

Is there a Beginner's Guide to being a Rally Spectator somewhere that might answer the questions below (and more)?

I understand we have to stay in the approved areas for our and the drivers' safety, but how do we know where the approved spectator areas are?

How long do you typically remain at one stage before heading to another? Do you have to drive yourself to the next spectator area or are there buses?

Thanks for any and all help.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikuchiyo

Is it possible to get one day passes

Is there a Beginner's Guide & how do we know where the approved spectator areas are?

How long do you typically remain at one stage before heading to another?
    1) First time this year, they dont sell one day tickets. You have to buy a stage-ticket on the entrance of the Spectators-Point and you can watch the 2 times, they will pass the stage. 10 Euro per Stage/day, and Stage "Arena Panzerplatte" 15 Euro/day "Stage-Tickets"

2) Buy on the homepage your Rally-programme, all the infos about the stages and spectator-points are inside. “Rally-programme"

3) See point 1, if you change the stage, you have to pay again for the new stage. So maybe just plan to change to another spec-point on your stage.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikuchiyo

I understand we have to stay in the approved areas for our and the drivers' safety, but how do we know where the approved spectator areas are?

How long do you typically remain at one stage before heading to another? Do you have to drive yourself to the next spectator area or are there buses?

Thanks for any and all help.
    1 - There are areas where the marshalls would like you to stand...(which is great for familys and new comers, however feel free to go off walking into the woodland, just keep safe and dont stand in stupid places... ie.. outside of a bend!

I never stand in any of the marked pens, I always prefer to go for a walk and find a quit area on the stage..

But remember... KEEP SAFE

2 - I tend to do a stage, then off to another stage which we have planned to do,

Trying to get in 2 oer even 3 stages..

All this is done via us driving.

A lot of companies will do a tour but will tend to only do a stage a day, (if the cars run through it twice..)

Take a look at Rally Travel for ideas.

Rick

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RicKT
    Right....

Does anyone have the co-ordinates for the spectator viewing points (or best places to view) for all stages??

If so, please can you share and I will create a Point of Intrest file for my tom tom and I will upload the files to share.

It makes it some much easier to plan routes etc then.

Cheers

Rick

Hello Rick,
    as you can read from my nickname I'm from Germany and I know the stages of Rallye Deutschland quite well. So to fulfil your wish, here are my recommendations:

Friday: Panorama-road Piesport
    49°53'21.36'' N
    6°55'48.80'' E

Saturday: Panzerplatte
    49°38'34.48'' N
    7°19'20.50'' E

Sunday: Galeria Dhrontal
    49°51'12.20 N
    6°55'50.25 E

These are the most interesting spots for someone who has never visited Rallye Deutschland.

Greetings to Yorkshire!
    (Memories are coming up from long times ago, when we were rallying through Langdale, Wykeham and Dalby Forest during the old Lombard RAC Rally.)

kind regards
    Christoph

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kraut
    Hello Rick,
    as you can read from my nickname I'm from Germany and I know the stages of Rallye Deutschland quite well. So to fulfil your wish, here are my recommendations:

Friday: Panorama-road Piesport
    49°53'21.36'' N
    6°55'48.80'' E

Saturday: Panzerplatte
    49°38'34.48'' N
    7°19'20.50'' E

49°51'12.20 N
    6°55'50.25 E

These are the most interesting spots for someone who has never visited Rallye Deutschland.

Greetings to Yorkshire!
    (Memories are coming up from long times ago, when we were rallying through Langdale, Wykeham and Dalby Forest during the old Lombard RAC Rally.)

kind regards
    Christoph
    Christoph, Apologies for the delay in replying, I have been on holiday,

Thank you for the details above, I will get these plotted into the TOMTOM today..

In regards to the TICKETS, would you advise to buy in advance or buy when we get there ? (would be looking at getting the silver passess.)

Thanks

Rick

Liked 445 Times in 205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kraut
    49°51'12.20 N
    6°55'50.25 E
    Hello,

Galeria Dhrontal coordinates is that for you ?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlJA4...eature=related

because this year, i hope to go there.. .

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the Google overlays!

I can't wait till August!

The route looks more compact than the one in 2004 when I was there last.
    Ken & Alex in WRC? Awesome!http://www.monsterworldrallyteam.com

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    Duval in a Ford!
    http://sport.turbomagazine.be/news_F...ocus_WRC_.html

I hope he uses his head and of course his right foot to go flat out!
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.