Page 66 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Liked 352 Times in 184 Posts
    Kreim is definitely No. 1 in German rally championship, Riedemann with no chance at all.

Ostberg dissapointing as in WRC.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Pity Wiegand doesn't drive regularly anymore.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

3. Likes: WUff1 (12th September 2016)
    Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WUff1 View Post
    Kreim is definitely No. 1 in German rally championship, Riedemann with no chance at all.
    Of course, think also about the fact: works Fabia compare to private P208.....the times when Pug was equal to Fabia already gone....
    With all the resorses, works backup, rallyes done....is Kreim for me just an average driver...old Baumschlager is a "doctor" for him....Ostberg was always "nobody" on tarmac....even local drivers can be faster than him.

It's not works car.

Kreim is in his only second 4WD season in his life. I think that You are too critical to him. There aren't many drivers who can start winning regularly right from the beginning. He is still at the start of his career.

Liked 111 Times in 48 Posts
    About Fabian Kreim: he has the luck Skoda Germany invest a lot in him; he drives in 2016 the German championship, the Asian-Pacific rounds, already 2 rounds in Czech from one of them was the Barum ERC round and also the German WRC round. And when the competition is strong (WRC & ERC) you can clearly see he has still a long way to go to reach the top.
    Skoda gives him also a semi-factory car and that's why he's a bit faster (on the straights) against a privat driver like Riedemann. I think Riedemann (and Aaron Burkhart) are the most talented drivers in Germany. Sepp Wiegand was also nothing special, like Kreim a lot of rally's and support but in the end it was clear he wouldn't make it to the (even the ERC) top.

Wiegand had good speed in his last ERC season and what is important he didn't reach his performance peak. You can go event by event through his international starts and You can find reasonable progress everywhere until Škoda kicked him out. Frankly for me it's a bit sad story as he had 5 podiums and only one accident in ERC in 2014 out of 8 starts and till the last event he was in the fight for the title against Lappi. Seriously I can't see how somebody could expect more when he had no podium at all in 2013 but obviously it wasn't enough...
    Last edited by Mirek; 11th September 2016 at 17:55.

8. Likes: TWRC (11th September 2016),WRC1 (11th September 2016)
    Liked 111 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Wiegand had good speed in his last ERC season and what is important he didn't reach his performance peak. You can go event by event through his international starts and You can find reasonable progress everywhere until Škoda kicked him out. Frankly for me it's a bit sad story as he had 5 podiums and only one accident in ERC in 2014 out of 8 starts and till the last event he was in the fight for the title against Lappi. Seriously I can't see how somebody could expect more when he had no podium at all in 2013 but obviously it wasn't enough...
    For sure it was not enough otherwise somebody else picked him up, he just wasn't fast enough. Stage-times are leading and he was never the fastest. A good driver for sure but a regular one like the Ostbergs etc.

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    I must say that before this season, Riedemann didnt impressed me...

11. Likes: WUff1 (12th September 2016)
    Liked 833 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ucci View Post
    Of course, think also about the fact: works Fabia compare to private P208.....the times when Pug was equal to Fabia already gone....
    Private? Isn't Riedemann a works driver for Peugeot Germany? Kreim and Riedemann are two semi-works drivers theoretically...
    But I agree about Fabia vs 208

13. Likes: WUff1 (12th September 2016)
    Liked 833 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jacko View Post
    Skoda gives him also a semi-factory car and that's why he's a bit faster (on the straights) against a privat driver like Riedemann. I think Riedemann (and Aaron Burkhart) are the most talented drivers in Germany. Sepp Wiegand was also nothing special, like Kreim a lot of rally's and support but in the end it was clear he wouldn't make it to the (even the ERC) top.
    Why you say so about Burkart? It never really impressed me, and after the JWRC title he won he quickly disappeared... Wiegand on the other side, as Mirek pointed out, was improving and definitely deserved another season in my opinion