Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 71Fan
    I remember a sike class I took....The question for the day was what do you look for in a mate. And of course there were all the stock answers. Looks don't matter as much as personalites and all that other happy horse stuff. It finally got around to me. "Mall hair Barbie with hooters and a Corvette." As you can imagine, the ladies all booed and the guys were split between right on, and laughing.
    LOL, that would've been my answer too!
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mark
    I'm guessing you subscribe to the Ron White advice: You can't fix stupid.

As for daughters emulating sexy celebs.....They do it all the time. Dani might not be the best role-model for youngins, but she is a far cry from the worst.
    "He had the talent to be a champion, if only he weren't so stubborn." Harry Hyde

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 71Fan
    Mark
    I'm guessing you subscribe to the Ron White advice: You can't fix stupid.

As for daughters emulating sexy celebs.....They do it all the time. Dani might not be the best role-model for youngins, but she is a far cry from the worst.
    Ron White has that one dead on.

I would hope parents would tell kids that self esteem and having respect for people who have talent and modesty would make more sense. The thing is, you live in a society where they have beauty pagents for 7 year olds! Danica isn't the worst role model, but I wouldn't tell my daughter she is a role model I would advocate. I would much rather see my daughter be a fan of an Olympic champion like Ashleigh McIvor (2010 Olympic Women's Ski Cross Champ) who petitioned the IOC to get her sport in the Olympics and then won its first medal. THAT I can respect, someone aware, smart and talented as an athlete. Or maybe Clara Hughes (prominent supporter of the charity "Right To Play" and the only multi medalist in the summer and winter Olympics)the speed skater. If I am going to show her examples of women in racing, I would tell her the story of Janet Guthrie or explain to her who Lyn St. James was. I wouldn't have to then explain why Danica maybe is doing this the wrong way...it would be obvious.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So, do you little maniacs what another domain name?
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dani broke a nail? Dammit!!

I hope that doesn't hurt her chances of winning in Brazil.

Seriously, at this point, Dani will be doing good to just be as competitive as Erin Crocker was in stock cars.

So far, Dani isn't in Erin's league.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Erin Crocker....wowzer....now that lady was downright disappointing.

Lyn St. James.....There's a name that jogs the ol memory banks.
    "He had the talent to be a champion, if only he weren't so stubborn." Harry Hyde

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Its just been a little more than 3 hrs short of 4 days since anyone has put anything in this thread, so:

I guess since I have Direct TV I won't be able to see Danica cruise around mid pack at a great Formula 1 circuit such as Sao Paulo Brazil, because Versus and Direct TV can't stop being greedy....

Oh well would have been the perfect opportunity becase all 3 divisions of Nascar are off next weekened, and F1 will be so early in the morning as to not interfere.

Oh well......
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I too will miss Simona and Anna beating her.
    In Canada the race is on TSN2 and I will not pay extra just to get a few IC races.
    If I just could pay for the one channel I might but I have to take a package with a bunch of stuff I do not want and a fairly high fee.
    I'm cheap!!!!!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slorydn1
    Its just been a little more than 3 hrs short of 4 days since anyone has put anything in this thread, so:

I guess since I have Direct TV I won't be able to see Danica cruise around mid pack at a great Formula 1 circuit such as Sao Paulo Brazil, because Versus and Direct TV can't stop being greedy....

Oh well would have been the perfect opportunity becase all 3 divisions of Nascar are off next weekened, and F1 will be so early in the morning as to not interfere.

Oh well......
    great f1 circuit? Oh no, they are not racing across town at Interlagos, they are on a street circuit in their version of the Exhibition grounds in Toronto...which probably means little to Danica either way. It will be a long afternoon of griping about grip, the car not working and it being hot and humid behind the wheel....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    great f1 circuit? Oh no, they are not racing across town at Interlagos, they are on a street circuit in their version of the Exhibition grounds in Toronto...which probably means little to Danica either way. It will be a long afternoon of griping about grip, the car not working and it being hot and humid behind the wheel....

Ooops, my bad.....In any event, I won't get to see it unless Versus and DirecTV end their little micturition match :
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ