Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool The OFFICIAL "OMG Danica broke a nail!!!" Thread

This thread is in honor of my friend Harvick1, at his request. (Sorry dude, I just HAD TO : ) Lets see how many years we can keep THIS one on the front page

#4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

thanks bud
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll help keep it going!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

For those who care, or even those who don't:

Here is the most current Danica News, courtesy of our friends over in the
    Indy Car Forum. Seems they are having the very same discussions we have been!

http://www.motorsportforums.com/foru...d.php?t=137174

#4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    DF will say you are being negative.....but lets face it, she is the soccer ball of choice for most of us. Since I am a fan of both forms of racing. (I watch F1 but don't comment on it often) and love sportscars too, I flip around and it is funny how the negative view of Patrick is on both boards, often by different type of fans for the same reasons.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Even the NASCAR drivers are getting into it on Twitter. One who finished very high in the Nationwide race complained that no one wanted to interview them after the race. Another responded with (direct quote) "all the reporters were finishing their Danica stories to get out tonite. They were too busy for u guys. Lol"

Another replied to Jamie McMurray (direct quote) " it wasn't near as bad as the nwide crash we saw, next time just blame the other guy "

Not much "love" there.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    oh wahhhhhh.....Danica is getting all the press!!!!

As for Jimmy The Hack....I watched a few minutes of his latest (I would guess self-produced) venture once, and was not impressed.
    "He had the talent to be a champion, if only he weren't so stubborn." Harry Hyde

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 71Fan
    oh wahhhhhh.....Danica is getting all the press!!!!

As for Jimmy The Hack....I watched a few minutes of his latest (I would guess self-produced) venture once, and was not impressed.
    I may not be speaking for everybody but I don't think most people are complaining because of Danica getting press. I think it is the reason she is getting press. When people make that argument here and in other forums I kind of cringe because to me that isn't the point at all. Sure I'd like to see the TV coverage contained to reasonable limits but as far as attention in and of itself...whatever. My point is she sucks and somehow people have assumed it must be because she's got some talent. Statisticaly, and visibly, she doesn't so why all the drama? That is what gets me. I think it is sending the wrong message to young people all over the world that you don't have to work hard, focus, and be good to have fame and fortune. She's basically slept her way to the top, well to the top tier of series (she hasn't won much of anything so she's hardly at the top). What do men and women alike call those people in the business world? Yep, starts with W and ends with ores.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's pretty drastic Trun3. Enjoyable, but drastic.

oh where to start....

Why does she get press......Because she is at the very least a semi-legitimate, good looking, female racecar driver who has supposedly increased the interest level whether or not that interest is fleeting, and whether or not that interest is among other things, just to see her fail.

I mean dang, I'm sure there are more than a few folks who think women have no good reason to be in a racecar at all. My friend Kim was convinced that one of her crew-chief purposefully fooled with her set-ups. She would tell him the car was loose, he'ld say fixed it, and she'ld go back out only to find it was worse.

So, as funny as this thread is...If and when Danica breaks a nail, I'm guessing we will hear about it. And I'm guessing that when she shows up for her next open wheel race that reporters are going to ask her about her foray in to NASCAR.

As for the message she sends to kids....especially girls....It's the same dang message that has been getting through to young girls since the world began....The better you look, the easier it will be to get folks to open doors for you.

I remember a sike class I took....The question for the day was what do you look for in a mate. And of course there were all the stock answers. Looks don't matter as much as personalites and all that other happy horse stuff. It finally got around to me. "Mall hair Barbie with hooters and a Corvette." As you can imagine, the ladies all booed and the guys were split between right on, and laughing.
    "He had the talent to be a champion, if only he weren't so stubborn." Harry Hyde

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    "Mall hair Barbie with hooters and a Corvette." works for most I suppose, but I am funny, I like women with a brain. I hate dumb.......

Danica aint dumb, and she has some level of talent for some aspects of this racing deal. Problem is, it aint enough.

The message she is sending is mixed only if you understand she isn't there on her merit. To young girls, they just see a little lady racing with the boys, so on THAT level she is doing something right. That said, 8 year old girls don't grasp the sexual imagery thing Danica has sold nor would I want them emulating Danica if they were my daughter.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".