Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Richard Petty Motorsports has new owner/investor

http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cu...owners-for-rpm

The marriage of Richard Petty Motorsports and Medallion Financial Corp. ultimately came together quickly, but had been talked about for years.

On Monday morning, RPM announced that the assets of the racing team were sold to “an investment group comprised of Richard Petty, Medallion Financial Corp. and DGB Investments.” Although ownership percentages were not announced, it’s likely that Petty will remain a minority owner of the team, holding a small stake, as he did when RPM was owned by George Gillett, the disgraced sports entrepreneur.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    A big thumbs up for me....because Gillett was a HUGE disappointment...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    Originally Posted by
    The marriage of Richard Petty driving experience Motorsports and Medallion Financial Corp. ultimately came together quickly, but had been talked about for years.

On Monday morning, RPM announced that the assets of the racing team were sold to “an investment group comprised of Richard Petty, Medallion Financial Corp. and DGB Investments.” Although ownership percentages were not announced, it’s likely that Petty will remain a minority owner of the team, holding a small stake, as he did when RPM was owned by George Gillett, the disgraced sports entrepreneur. http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cu...owners-for-rpm
    Im glad they got someone its a team with co much history I woudl hate to see them leave

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its gfood that someone who gave sooo much is getting some back. Good luck to rKing Richard.No matter how small his share in the team.
    This is the beguining of the next fifty years. heres where i see how much i learned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats to the Petty organization for keeping the doors open on an organization that (for a second tier team) should be very competitive, has a real shot at winning a race or two, and should keep both cars in the top 35 all year. Todd Parrot was just announced as the crew chief for (the #9 car driven by) Marcos Ambros. Good Luck!
    :dozey: Behold the power of cheese;)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cool
    Plasma tv's are okay, but I'm holding out for whole blood. :vampire: