Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
    Liked 33 Times in 19 Posts
    Anyway, from the 2007 PWRC entry list: this could be one of the best years of PWRC (even considering group N days), this is very important so that the championship gains its own name and importance.
    Zeque
    Argentina

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have said it before, for those who WANT to keep acitve on the World Rally level (not going to regional or national level, which are great too, I don't put them down or belittle them), and don't have the huge budgets to run World cars, PWRC is a good catagory. It was good fight in Sweden and I am sure we see good fights in the rest of the events too.
    Passion will make you crazy, but is there a other way to live ? :burnout:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I cant wait to see how the PWRC turns out, i think the likes of Flodin,Alen and Jones will have fantastic battles between them they had a great battle on Wales rally GB but would not like to take a guess who wins this year there are so many gifted drivers in it

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProRally
    I have said it before, for those who WANT to keep acitve on the World Rally level (not going to regional or national level, which are great too, I don't put them down or belittle them), and don't have the huge budgets to run World cars, PWRC is a good catagory. It was good fight in Sweden and I am sure we see good fights in the rest of the events too.
    I think the same, the only problem is that some years the entry is not so good, but this year it is.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    unfair too then.
    On the other hand, nice that local drivers who don't have a budget for the whole season can show their talen against series regulars and maybe collect a budget for next years Championship.

Also more competition is never bad.

And besides, teams in the "real" Championship can also hire local expert if they whish. And in JWRC and PCWRC, teams can also enter different driver for each event if they want to.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    I think the same, the only problem is that some years the entry is not so good, but this year it is.
    That is true, but with the costs for a world car and/or S2000 getting bigger and with the small support of both Subaru and Mitsu more and more people will find PWRC a good alternative.
    But as you said, this year is a very good year, its my 6th consecutive year in PWRC and as said before it will be fun
    Passion will make you crazy, but is there a other way to live ? :burnout:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProRally
    That is true, but with the costs for a world car and/or S2000 getting bigger and with the small support of both Subaru and Mitsu more and more people will find PWRC a good alternative.
    But as you said, this year is a very good year, its my 6th consecutive year in PWRC and as said before it will be fun
    it looks it will, atleast a good start for the season, good luck
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD
    On the other hand, nice that local drivers who don't have a budget for the whole season can show their talen against series regulars and maybe collect a budget for next years Championship.

Also more competition is never bad.

And besides, teams in the "real" Championship can also hire local expert if they whish. And in JWRC and PCWRC, teams can also enter different driver for each event if they want to.
    The drivers could have the oportunity to shine without stealing points for the ones who are interested in PWRC. The 59 and 60 are reserved to the "wild cards" as they are called, wich are nominated by the organizers

The teams could not change drivers in a so easy way. The drivers must have his name on championship to have points.
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM
    The drivers could have the oportunity to shine without stealing points for the ones who are interested in PWRC. The 59 and 60 are reserved to the "wild cards" as they are called, wich are nominated by the organizers

The teams could not change drivers in a so easy way. The drivers must have his name on championship to have points.
    No matter how well you drive, if you are outside the Championship, nobody notices. Look at Ketomäki in Sweden. Did you know that he was leader in gr.N for 2 days? That is why this system is good.

And I don't know what you mean that is not so easy to change drivers? Look at PCWRC last year. OMV used different driver I think in every event and all of them have their name in final classification http://www.fia.com/sport/Championshi...roduction.html

Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD
    No matter how well you drive, if you are outside the Championship, nobody notices. Look at Ketomäki in Sweden. Did you know that he was leader in gr.N for 2 days? That is why this system is good.

And I don't know what you mean that is not so easy to change drivers? Look at PCWRC last year. OMV used different driver I think in every event and all of them have their name in final classification http://www.fia.com/sport/Championshi...roduction.html

I noticed very well that Ketomaki was leader, because i usually see classifications on BfGoodrich site and not on WRC site.

About the teams and drivers, I'll study it better. But in fact you wrote something that is undoubtable. Many drivers with points comparing to the ones who nominated rallyes.
    Three gears are enough!