Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This shows that Citroen guys are fair people

And I think they will show that this presumed BFG 'good eyes' for them were only wrong thoughts.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Helstar
    This shows that Citroen guys are fair people

And I think they will show that this presumed BFG 'good eyes' for them were only wrong thoughts.
    you know, since 99 and peugeot's "comeback" there has been sh!t, pardon my language, but it's sh!t, about how they are unfair, the french cheat, they don't care about driver 2, they adjust the rules for themselves, etc, etc.... no! no! they look towards a form of motorsport that can bring their image up, they go into that form of motorsport, and they don't just tip toe, they go in with both feet. they invest and actually show interest, as a vehicle manufacturer, into a form of motorsport that probably does not yield direct revenue, if any.

they put their blood sweat, tears, and sometimes their marriages into rallying and ONLY rallying. they don't run a nascrap program, they don't have a factory touring car program, they only care about rallying. if you really really think about it, they are the only ones who show signs of actually "caring" about rallying. subaru is a major corporation with actual positive revenue and yet they are not willing to "dump" money into their rally program like psa does. why not? it is their only source of branding? actually it's not. they are too worried about the 30/40 somethings in the usa who want that "yeah, funk SUV's! i drive a subaru" so they spend massive cash on that.

yeah, you can say that with the high budget peugeot and citroen have enjoyed they "ruined" the sport, but that's crap. they are not the ones who made the rules and when they were changed, it's not like they were kicking and screaming about it (active sway bars example). i'm sure that they would obied to any realistic rule the FIA throws at them, even the ones that clearly affects them and only them. so, these things that they developed are within the rules, the same rules everyone (except for ford apparently ) is supposed to obey.

they, as any good competitor, have searched for ways to develop a racing advantage within these rules and guess what happened,..... they won, and are still winning. everyone's beef is that they are constantly winning and it's not fun for spectators. but why are they winning so much? is it because they are so good or is it because the opposition is just sitting there and whining?

in my no-one-actually-cares opinion is that there was this thing where the manufacturers involved in rallying have always had this "here is my place" attitude. everyone knew they could not beat lancia in the late 80's, there was a toyota and subaru push in the 90's to overhall mitsu with ford picking up the scraps, and everyone sort of knew their place from rallying with each other for the past 20 years. new kids come, how dare they be french!, and they win. how dare they! that's what basically happened. now we all bitch and moan, including me, because the others are just sitting on their asses and are not looking at the sport in new directions. 25 years ago some could not have seen a sequential gearbox be part of the future of rallying but yet since 98 it has evolved tremendously because of marques that invested in developing the sport. have you thought about how cool it is that there is enough technology out there for such awesome gearboxes and on top of that reliable enough for rallying in places like sweden and greece?????????

aaaaaahhhhhhh, funk it, i'm done writing to deaf ears / blind eyes. i need another beer.... et merde, putain ca sert a rien.....

at least respect the fact that PSA were the only ones to actually moved the sport.

whether you like it or not, you ought to respect that they went all in.

p.s. helstar, this post was not a "diss" on you, i just used your post as a launching pad.... .
    I am Yahya the Infinite. <-search it

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes have another beer and belief in your own dreams Frankenschwinn.
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 47 Times in 29 Posts
    Nah, Franken, keep the faith, your english is way better than all of us francophones here.
    It may sound childish (it is) but most of the anti PSA, Michelin, Loeb rants are only basic jealousy from those who have zero pilots, car industry or contribution to the sport and who are frustrated to see the current winning package (car, tires, pilot) coming from one nation.
    We should appologize for that, not support our teams, not even talk about it, it's too arrogant.

Hopefuly Ford will take the manu...

You also have jealousy from those who import parts from overseas and would die of integrism for a foreign brand; or even a minority of paranoids who are having hard time to see a Wallon team doing well in the WRC.

Keep the faith, we need you !
    Markku Alén, 1978 World Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankenSchwinn
    p.s. helstar, this post was not a "diss" on you, i just used your post as a launching pad.... .
    I know

And I think the truth is always in the middle too.