Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A Fifth Chassis Proposal

The BAT Project, led by Bruce Ashmore, Alan Mertens and Tim Wardrop plan on making their proposal to the IRL in regards to their 2012 Indycar design.

Link Here

I'm interested to see what Ashmore and co. come with up.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    BAT project? Now where have I heard that before???

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Well, whatever comes of the next season and the push for a new chassis, it wont be a lack of choice....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    its good to see 5 suppliers keen to work with the irl. there is obviously some positive vibes out there.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I understand Ken Anderson is also working on a design but has asked for a time extension to 2020. mokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Didn't Ashmore do some "what if" design sketches for a magazine recently (as in the past five years)? Don't remember if it was Road and Track or Racecar Engineering or some other magazine.
    \"If you have a problem with what I\'m doing, talk to me, get it all out, then shut up.\" - Juan Pablo Montoya
    \"I tell ya, if my name was \'Juan Pablo Montoya,\' everyone would just kiss my ass!\" - David Letterman
    \"That was a mugging.\" - Tommy Kendall \"You can\'t spell \'fiasco\' without the FIA.\" Those are shark gills, not shark fins! Get it right!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I believe he did. Wasn't some of that done with Menard? The illustrations were in a typical Blue Johns Mansville/ Glidden Menards paint scheme.

I still say, let them all in. Use the original price fixed chassis IRL model, with two or more engine suppliers either providing engine kits to builders or cost controlled leases. I actually always liked that part of the original IRL, eh hem...vision,.... but that was about it.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    I still say, let them all in. Use the original price fixed chassis IRL model, with two or more engine suppliers either providing engine kits to builders or cost controlled leases.
    sounds like the best compromise between technical excitement and cost controlling to me

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I still say, let them all in. Use the original price fixed chassis IRL model, with two or more engine suppliers either providing engine kits to builders or cost controlled leases. I actually always liked that part of the original IRL, eh hem...vision,.... but that was about it.
    It would make sense, so you know this decision is gonna cause brain cells to be killed by the thousands while they look for reasons to NOT do it this way.

This cost containment mantra is fine, and I have railed against the economics of the sport, but the fact is at some point, competition for chassis suppliers will help keep costs down. Last time I looked, Monopolies guarnteed just failure...and right now, Dallara has a monopoly.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I believe he did. Wasn't some of that done with Menard? The illustrations were in a typical Blue Johns Mansville/ Glidden Menards paint scheme.

Hey I'm not the only one that likes/liked that! That's good to know, sometimes I wonder.
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken