Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    AS someone who watched from afar, I loved the Volvo wagon....and James Thompson's Honda...not sure on the year.....
    Volvo 850 was iconic. Not thee best in its era but surprisingly one of the best cars.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The 97 Laguna was probably the best package in any single supertourer season, the 96 Audi A4 a close second to that, with the 94 Alfa 155 in third, but each of those had one excellant season each while the rest of the time they were either competative but not dominent (Laguna & A4) while the Alfa 155 was only any good in 94, the 1995 package was appalling.

If it hadn't been for the weight penaltys suffered by BMW the supertouring 320i would get my vote as best BTCC car, but it was forever weighed down to keep it in check, as was the Audi after 96. However the early three door e30(?) from 1990 to 1992 was rather succesfull, it even competed occasionaly against the Sierra cosworths.

Anyway, i am rather biased too towards John Cleland and the Vauxhall Cavalier, the 95 paint job, although simple, was one of my favourite paint jobs.

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    The Volvo S40 was a great looking car with Rickard Rydell in 1998. I have played a lot of hours with it in TOCA2.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurotech
    Lets make this a bit easier, how about the Best car from 4 of the different stages of the BTCC:

>Pre 1990
    >Super Touring
    >BTC-T
    >S2000
    pre 1990, sierra RS500
    Super touring, nissan primera
    BTC-T, vauxhall astra coupe
    S2000, BMW 3 series
    2009, Jonathan Adam BTCC, marshal at Knockhill Orange dont be seen trackside without it

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Super Touring: The best car seemed to rotate from year to year. Prodrive's 2000 Ford Mondeo, Williams' 1997 Renault Laguna, RML's 1999 Nissan Primera were all fantastic.

BTC-Touring: Vauxhall Astra coupé, utterly brilliant car. I hope Martin Johnson brings it back this year. The Honda Integra also deserves a special mention, it looked great and was the best of it's time.

BTC-Production: Honda Civic Type-R, a great little car developed by Synchro Motorsport. James Kaye took the Production title in 2002 and then the cars were passed onto Barwell Motorsport for 2003 where Luke Hines took the title.

Super 2000: BMW 320i (not the BMW 320si), one of the original S2000 cars and was a great car.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Super Touring- Renault Laguna
    BTC-Touring- Vauxhall Astra Coupe
    BTC-Production/Class B- Peugeot 306
    Super 2000- Vauxhall Vectra
    Pre 1990- Ford Sierra Cosworth

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For me it has to be either the 1995 Volvo 850 T5 or the 98 Volvo S40, Rydell was my hero in the good old days of the BTCC
    Following Plato Btcc, Hamilton F1 and Earnhart Jr & Patrick Nascar

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    For me it's the 406 in Esso Ultron livery. It wasn't crap as everyone seems to think, just very very very very very very very unlucky

OK I admit it was a crap car but the best looking touring car ever
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The Laguna has a soft spot for me as I played a small part in its development. I seriously doubt any Super Touring Car had as much half scale wind testing done. I'm not sure anyone model tested actually. It was all done in the Willimas F1 tunnel, slotted in for a few days during F1 development! Can't see that happening today.

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    My 2 votes go to:

Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500, insane turbo nutter grunt (ultimately 550BHP at it's height) going through a manual H pattern gearbox to the rear wheels with 8 inch wide tyres!

Nissan Primera, the ultimate exploitation of the Super Touring regulations, taking the shell of a rather bland road car and turning it into a formidable racing car.