Page 101 of 109 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1089
    Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Type
    I wonder, are you considering Jersey to be a separate country? And it wins courtesy of Andy Priaux?
    That sounds like a good call. With Priaulx's 3 world championships and a Guernsey population of 65,000 I can't make the numbers come out to the figure that Mintexmemory stated, but it definitely beats Finland if we consider Guernsey a country.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL
    That sounds like a good call. With Priaulx's 3 world championships and a Guernsey population of 65,000 I can't make the numbers come out to the figure that Mintexmemory stated, but it definitely beats Finland if we consider Guernsey a country.
    Nice one but is there a separate Guernsey / Jersey passport? I think not, Channel Islands is not a country (then again that would exclude Scotland too) but if they were then either singly or combined they would still be second placed ahead of Finland, Scotland et al
    However, people are getting warm now and just one major thought outside the box will do it.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 314 Times in 170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory
    Nice one but is there a separate Guernsey / Jersey passport? I think not
    Hmm - you may not be correct there:
    File:Guernsey passport.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    Was Mansell technically resident on the Isle of Man when he won his championship?
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    If the passport is the criterion, then neither Guernsey nor the Isle of Man would be countries in their own right as their passports are British passports issued by the UK Passport Agency (or whatever it's called now).
    Guernsey passport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    But it's academic as we already know the right answer beats them anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Boyd
    Andy is correct, a British Passport issued in Guernsey is the same situation as IoM and Gibraltar!
    Even if IoM were a country and Mansell counted as a citizen, that would still be 1 win for 85,000 population.
    Small countries with multiple World Champion is the way to go clearly, but you are all still ploughing the wrong furrow

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    How about Qatar? With a population about 1.758 m and about 12 FIA rally titles in Middle East Rally and Cross Country Rally Championships?

Quote Originally Posted by D28
    How about Qatar? With a population about 1.758 m and about 12 FIA rally titles in Middle East Rally and Cross Country Rally Championships?
    I refer you to the beginning of this benighted question - World Titles, not European, not Middle East or Asian but World!!! Still nowhere near the right figure either.
    Another clue required? The titles (i.e more than one) that go to make the coefficient have all been won by one man.

Liked 314 Times in 170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory
    Andy is correct, a British Passport issued in Guernsey is the same situation as IoM and Gibraltar!
    But not the same as a British passport issued in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland (even if it is academic to the answer we are seeking).

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Mintexmemory: I am wondering if it might be time for you to supply the answer, as it has been a while since any credible suggestions have been posted. I remain curious.