Page 78 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast

Thread: GT Class

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    [QUOTE=Mirek;1082694]Exactly. And that's why replacing 5 rally-addicted manufacturers with 1 totally indifferent to rallying is wrong move. Tell me what other choice do You have in Spain if You want to compete with Porsches? Only Porsche. There's no other way You could beat them on regular basis. As a result You have 5-8 Porsches and 0 R5 in the championship. So You didn't win 1 manufacturer more but lost 5. Do You believe that it's good that none of the rally-addicted manufacturers are interested in the championship? Why?

At the end-maybe there was a problem in R5 cars drivers that they were beaten by 911's?? Average drivers, who were just looking for excuse(s) and didn't want to realize, that they are the problem.....Who knows.....and now Vallejo & Co are guilty for GT cars being hammered down...
    Anyway, the story is closed....GT cars are (also) history in Spain, for me the championship itself is going to be unexciting, I will focus even more to my beloved country-Italy, ....and Austria, some WRC cars will be in a chase after Baumschlager....

2. Likes: Sulland (26th February 2016)
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    It's up to You do chose reality or belief.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

4. Likes: dimviii (26th February 2016)
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    This is WRC forum and most of you are talking national GT-class.

ie.
    I believe that in WRC R-GT they use same tyres than everyone else (also in gravel)
    R-GT are dead anyway. I have a feeling that the halfway attempt to bring them in was in fact an intentional demonstration that GTs in rallying don't work.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ucci View Post

At the end-maybe there was a problem in R5 cars drivers that they were beaten by 911's?? Average drivers, who were just looking for excuse(s) and didn't want to realize, that they are the problem.....Who knows....
    r5 drivers said excuses while competing against 420 bhp at dry asphalt.lolzzz.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    R-GT are dead anyway. I have a feeling that the halfway attempt to bring them in was in fact an intentional demonstration that GTs in rallying don't work.
    What seem to be not working are FIA rally regulations. The lack of diversity of current Gr.R compared to the Gr.N/A days (when private tuners were able to supply rally costumers) it’s overwhelming: right now there are only 11 models available (4 R5, 3 R3, 3 R2 and 1 R1)!

Btw, local regulations didn’t made 911’s dominant in Spain. They’ve become what any top rally car must be: fast, reliable and affordable! In 2014 Fuster run a Fiesta R5 (from RMC) against Vallejo and the others 911’s. It was a close fight during all season (5 wins for Vallejo, 4 for Fuster). He had plans to get a Fabia R5 (more powerful than the Fiesta) for 2015, but he didn’t get the budget to run it. He returned to a Porsche. According to 911’s top drivers, the running cost of a season is almost the double with an R5!

Let’s face it, R5’s are expensive to buy and maintain. Yes, the rules should favor them a bit, as they somehow represent manufacturer’s current range, but I don’t think it’s in the sport interest to severely handicap other rally cars that get close to R5’s.
    Rally addict since 1982

8. Likes: GravelBen (27th February 2016)
    Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    I have a feeling that the halfway attempt to bring them in was in fact an intentional demonstration that GTs in rallying don't work.
    To demonstrate that they don't work, or to make sure they won't work?

Seems I was misunderstood so an explanation of my statement.

I meant that the attempt to bring R-GT into international scene by FIA may have been intentionally prepared the way that those can't achieve anything and disappear themselves. FIA than can say "Look, we tried but it didn't work".

Otherwise I have written many times my personal opinion - the only way how to bring R-GT into life is to allow them to win (under FIA rules) and by that to bring manufacturers. Any other options are bound to fail.

11. Likes: AndyRAC (27th February 2016),GravelBen (27th February 2016)
    Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Understood, I think we agree about it.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts

I meant that the attempt to bring R-GT into international scene by FIA may have been intentionally prepared the way that those can't achieve anything and disappear themselves. FIA than can say "Look, we tried but it didn't work".
    Classic FiA tactics. They allowed GT cars in, but made it too difficult for most to develop & run them = everybody has given up.
    What they should have done is allowed any current GT3 car, with maybe minor alterations to take part. And use a rally version of BOP. Simple.

But that was never going to happen.

Maybe rallying doesn't need them; it's super successful and popular with public and media as it is...........

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Seems I was misunderstood so an explanation of my statement.

Otherwise I have written many times my personal opinion - the only way how to bring R-GT into life is to allow them to win (under FIA rules) and by that to bring manufacturers. Any other options are bound to fail.
    I agree in principal, but I mean the speed target of a GT should be R5, and not R6 (WRCar). Then they can be used in Regional and National championships and fight for top spots.
    Many fams also go to rallies to look at dreamcars, and that is not Polo, Fiesta and i20, but GTs are!

15. Likes: AndyRAC (27th February 2016)