Page 68 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast

Thread: GT Class

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RAS007 View Post
    I'm not sure I could teach you anything; you do seem to be a rather disagreeable fellow. Your opinions are not facts, you know.
    no my opinion are ONLY facts.Thats why GT are dissapearing.
    So you haven t got a clue how you can make a GT car competetive at rallies.
    You just ''like'' them,you like the engine sound,and you wait somebody to pay 100-200-300k euro without having the chance to compete against a r5 car,except some examples with bigger restrictors and just at dry smooth asphalt, with wide roads rallies.
    Nobody will buy them.
    It s really strange that is so difficult to understand something so simple.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    I don't think anyone was considering RGT as R5 beater or playground for young developing drivers. It is just for fun.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

3. Likes: RAS007 (9th January 2016)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    I don't think anyone was considering RGT as R5 beater or playground for young developing drivers. It is just for fun.
    plenty of them at this topic,and the problem was the regulations that were strict with GT cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    It's sport, it's about being fast, not about being spectacular, for God's sake.
    Yes, it is sport and it has different categories, some faster than others and every class has its audience and participants. BTW I don't think WRC cars are fast in MC with lot of slush either, but its like that, just rules.

Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    plenty of them at this topic,and the problem was the regulations that were strict with GT cars.
    Yes, sure, in some countries, with some drivers against some others, with some rules, on some rally conditions - fact. Spectacular non-the-less.

7. Likes: RAS007 (9th January 2016)
    Liked 11,151 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lundefaret View Post
    I think You miss my point a little Mirek, so I will clearify:
    - First: A cars speed should be compared vs the cars of the same class. Comparing an R2 to an R5 is just as unfair as comparing a RGT to an R5, even do the RGT can give the R5 a run for the money on some tarmac event - but thats beside the point.
    - Second: For a driver - lets say a gentleman driver - an R5 can be to "serious", with tight battles with a lot of Young talents, which can take some of the fun out of the rallying, because You really want to compete with drivers in a similar situation like Your self.
    - Thirdly: Tough the R5 cars are exiting because of their performance, the RGT cars can be more exiting in some perspectives to both the spectators and some drivers. Sound, driving experience, cool brands etc.

I think its no coincidence that the historic rally scene is so popular, because its a place where "gentleman drivers" can drive cool cars for fun. Like Porsches.
    The historic rally scene have a huge challenge on their hands. Its now homologated 4WD cars that will take the seriousness, speed and cost to a totally new level, with will threaten the sport.

I think RGT could be a great asset to both national and international events, and I also think that if for example Tuthill was allowed to develop a car with out the overly restricted regulation of today, it also could attract others.

For me, A Ferrari, Porsche, Gordon, McLaren, Lotus-battle could be a very cool add on to some events
    You are too optimistic. There is a lot of countries where GTs have been allowed for years, sometimes with as free rules as one can imagine (Spain for example) and still there is a handful of them there. There is no hope they could become something more on international level as the international level unlike Spanish asphalt championship is made of different surfaces.

Don't get me wrong, I like them as they are something different but I don't see any way how they could become something serious in rallying. They are simply too specialized and too limited.

About classes... yes, there are different classes but tell me why someone who really wants to race would compete in overall classification against R2 or at best R3 cars with Porsche 911? There are for sure several people who don't care but else?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post

About classes... yes, there are different classes but tell me why someone who really wants to race would compete in overall classification against R2 or at best R3 cars with Porsche 911? There are for sure several people who don't care but else?
    If that mattered nobody would bother driving old Volvo's and BMW's with almost twice the horsepower than the R2 which they get beaten by all the time here in Norway.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    If that mattered nobody would bother driving old Volvo's and BMW's with almost twice the horsepower than the R2 which they get beaten by all the time here in Norway.
    Do those old E36 cost 100 000 Euro already before doing any modification to start rallying?

After a quick look into Czech bazaars I found that I can buy E36 for cca 1000 Euro. Tell me where I can buy 911 for such money and I'll happily have some fun on stages with it
    Last edited by Mirek; 9th January 2016 at 21:36.

Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    no my opinion are ONLY facts.Thats why GT are dissapearing.
    So you haven t got a clue how you can make a GT car competetive at rallies.
    You just ''like'' them,you like the engine sound,and you wait somebody to pay 100-200-300k euro without having the chance to compete against a r5 car,except some examples with bigger restrictors and just at dry smooth asphalt, with wide roads rallies.
    Nobody will buy them.
    It s really strange that is so difficult to understand something so simple.
    Do you even understand why there are different competition classes in rallying? Only somebody who didn't would think that R-GT should be competing with R5, or any other class for that matter. Look, I know it's hard for you since your leotarded hero retired, but please, don't take it out on me.

Please try to understand as well that there are overall results. Porsche is not Adam or Twingo. It has a decent name in the motorsport world, quite a big name. How many people are willing to fight Twingos or Adams with 911? The more why shall Porsche itself support such silly idea? For sure somebody enjoys drifting without bothering with results but there will be always just a few of those and You can't build a bright future of GTs around their enthusiasm.