Page 113 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1282

Thread: GT Class

Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Do You actually believe you can sell enough of GT rally cars to make profit of it? Good luck then.
    Entirely depends on their level of commitment. If they're just intended to compete for 'RGT' honours in the overall classification, then I can't see that they'd sell that many. If they put some money into promoting a 'Cayman Cup' structure, similar to the circuit Carrera Cup model, taking away the focus from the overall classification, at the right price with a well made car, maybe it's possible. Didn't Porsche say they'd be looking to sell around 100 to make the project feasible? It's a big ask, but I can imagine national 'Cayman Cup''s within the main national Championships in France, Italy, Spain, Belgium and maybe Germany being able to get ten entrants each. If that is possible you've already sold 50% of your target. Once you take into account other, most probably much weaker, Cayman Cup's in other countries, random Gentlemen driver sales and collectors, replacement cars over time, maybe you can sell another 50. That's without taking into account the possibility of an international Cayman 'Supercup'.

As for not fighting for overall honours being a problem, I can see the logic of not wanting to be beaten by a bunch of Skoda's, but in endurance racing Porsches often haven't been fighting for overall honours. Separately the Supercup and Carrera Cups are just sideshows to the main event, be it F1, DTM or BTCC ect... GT4, in which the Cayman competes, is a good few rungs down the sports car ladder.

2. Likes: AndyRAC (19th March 2019),NickRally (19th March 2019)
    Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Do You actually believe you can sell enough of GT rally cars to make profit of it? Good luck then.
    Yes. Seeing how many already exist, without any factory input or help, i would say there's a big open market. That is of course if the price is right.

They could even do like renault does, and use the same car for both rally and circuit. With only small changes between them.
    What they should be aiming in that case is not being the best car, but being the second best car behind the r5's, but at a cheaper price.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    why all of you bother, for something that is already dead?

5. Likes: cali (19th March 2019),EstWRC (19th March 2019)
    Liked 161 Times in 79 Posts
    They admit openly that they need to sell at least 100 of them. We'll see if they succeed or not. Anyway since it's a production car it won't cost them a fortune if they fail so not that big risk for them.
    I think they can do it quite sure. Its a worldwide market and also a good base for other motorsports and garages

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    Yes. Seeing how many already exist, without any factory input or help, i would say there's a big open market. That is of course if the price is right.

They could even do like renault does, and use the same car for both rally and circuit. With only small changes between them.
    What they should be aiming in that case is not being the best car, but being the second best car behind the r5's, but at a cheaper price.
    Lets stop dreaming, that a fast and competitive factory-made car or kit is cheap. Never. They are trying to make that popular "cheaper" class with R4, not much success at the moment. How many R2 and R5 cars you see competing on gravel, on tarmac or on both surfaces? I`d say 40% only on gravel, another 40 mixed and 20 only on tarmac. R2s on gravel probably well over 50% Could be wrong though, but at first glance over eWrc showed something similar. Is GT class used on gravel? How similar is it to championship top classes?
    Last edited by Tarmop; 19th March 2019 at 20:31.

Quote Originally Posted by CWJ View Post
    I think they can do it quite sure. Its a worldwide market and also a good base for other motorsports and garages
    impossible.

Liked 3,290 Times in 1,732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    why all of you bother, for something that is already dead?
    Because of the love for rallying and beautiful sports cars, that we share. Is it too difficult to understand?

Last edited by Jarek Z; 19th March 2019 at 21:39.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

10. Likes: AndyRAC (19th March 2019),NickRally (20th March 2019),pantealex (20th March 2019),Rally Power (19th March 2019),stefanvv (19th March 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Because of the love for rallying and beautiful sports cars, that we share. Is it too difficult to understand?
    yes i cant understand the ''love of rallying'' with cars, that are not proper for rallying.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    yes i cant understand the ''love of rallying'' with cars, that are not proper for rallying.
    Who are You to decide which is proper? Some people enjoy them, including me, enough rally for me, other is personal taste.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Who are You to decide which is proper? Some people enjoy them, including me, enough rally for me, other is personal taste.
    i am not ''deciding'',the market and the reality that plenty of you ignore decides.
    i just try to show the reasons why something like that is dead.