Page 116 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1282

Thread: GT Class

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    It's you who ignore how the discussion started and who jumped in with ridiculous arguments against a completely relevant topic "why shall any GT brand become involved in rallying"
    Oh, apologies, I must have missed that. But why there is ongoing discussion then? Some people might consider it as trolling.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Exactly, Current rules don't allow GT class to produce faster cars. End of discussion from me.
    this must be the most retarded post i ever read here.

How many beers?

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CWJ View Post
    I think they can do it quite sure. Its a worldwide market and also a good base for other motorsports and garages
    I think Porsche's marketing strategists are a bit more smart than this forum, so that they know for 101% sure that there is potential to sell 100x Caymans GT4 RGT. They have never missed in the past....

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Honestly, it’s hard to understand all this fuss about RGT being able to get more manus. Will it hurt the sport to have Porsche back? Is it better to want Porsche, or any other potencially interested GT brand, out of Rally?

It’s true that Rally is living a positive era but it’s also true that the number of manus currently involved in the sport is quite limited; finding ways, like RGT or R4, to help bringing more manus to Rally should be seen as a positive contribution to the sport, not as a menace or a waste.

Rally is mainly about passion and if a bunch of rally passioned people inside Abarth or Porsche (or hopefully Alpine) manage to convince their bosses to get a RGT program we all should be grateful and praise their efforts, even knowing their cars will barely win a rally overall.
    Rally addict since 1982

6. Likes: AndyRAC (24th March 2019),Maui J. (24th March 2019),NickRally (21st March 2019),Sulland (21st March 2019),the sniper (21st March 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    The point is that there is no rational reason to do that. And that has nothing to do with your passion or whomever. The reality is not powered by nostalgia or dreams but by success and money. It doesn't help anything to live in some parallel world.
    What\s yOUR personal (and dIMVIII) problem Porsche, Abarth, etc. be in the rallysport, I mean really, what's yOURS problem? Skoda and Ford were in a big shithole 20-25 years ago even dedicated to the rally sport and having all the technology available. I don't see Porsche ever has been going in that direction. How retarded I am now? Surely I feel very low on intelligence level.,,

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Nobody's against new manufacturers but this RGT class is not going to revolutionise rallying. It will be a niche class at it's best. The past has proved it already. I don't mind seeing couple of good sounding Porsche's here and there but a) they will never fight for the top places in general classification thus b) they will attract very few drivers with any ambition to choose this class c) suitable only on tarmac championship rallyes and even then one must have really favourable conditions (dry weather, smooth wide roads with less bends etc). Sounds quite niche to me and a class for gentleman drivers in countries with good wide asphalt roads

9. Likes: Mirek (21st March 2019)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Nobody's against new manufacturers but this RGT class is not going to revolutionise rallying. It will be a niche class at it's best. The past has proved it already. I don't mind seeing couple of good sounding Porsche's here and there but a) they will never fight for the top places in general classification thus b) they will attract very few drivers with any ambition to choose this class c) suitable only on tarmac championship rallyes and even then one must have really favourable conditions (dry weather, smooth wide roads with less bends etc). Sounds quite niche to me and a class for gentleman drivers in countries with good wide asphalt roads
    Actually I also don’t see RGT as a revolution; to me RGT (like R4) is a complement to the existing rally classes and a way to bring more manus to the sport, manus that otherwise would be out from Rally. Also agree that RGT has now a limited range and is mostly a niche category; however it can still be an enjoyable alternative for privateers and an extra show for the fans. I only can’t agree with your lack of enthusiasm on RGT future, as I'm hoping that Porsche entry will help to revamp the category. Fingers crossed!
    Rally addict since 1982

11. Likes: NickRally (21st March 2019),the sniper (21st March 2019),wildboar (24th March 2019)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    GT4 is far more than rally car.
    99,5% of all GT4 cars are track-cars, that´s how Porsche can actually sell 100.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 1,120 Times in 599 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    If you are a driver without big ambitions because you are too old or just not good enough, willing to drive the best car possible, but an r5 car is just a bit too expensive, what car would you drive?

They are indeed for gentleman drivers. But there are lots of those. In some rally here in belgium we have had up to 9 or 10 porsches, all private projects.

14. Likes: Sulland (21st March 2019)