Page 1 of 66 1231151 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

F1 2010: Testing sessions thread

This Thread has been started to talk about the upcoming testing sessions.

Help to keep everyone updated about the latest news in the testing sessions.

Here are the dates of the testing session:
    February 1st – 3rd – Valencia (Ricardo Tormo), Spain
    February 10th – 13th – Jerez, Spain
    February 17th – 20th – Jerez, Spain
    February 25th – 28th – Circuit de catalunya, Spain

Testing dates source:http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/01/0...ates-confirmed

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Was going to start a new thread about this but might as well stick it here.

Anyone else annoyed at the testing ban? The winter used to be boring enough as it was F1-wise even when there was more testing going on, but at least we got to see new car/driver combinations bed themselves in, make early comparisons and predictions (often meaningless, but nothing better to do!).

Now it's all basically going to be done in one quick burst of just over a month

Can't wait for the 1st.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Testing updates

BMW-Sauber will reveal its 2010 F1 car on January 31st at Valencia.
    The wraps will come off the new car at 2:30pm local time.
    Testing for the 2010 F1 season will begin at the track the day after, when Mercedes will also launch their 2010 challenger.

Source: F1 fanatic

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V12
    Was going to start a new thread about this but might as well stick it here.

Anyone else annoyed at the testing ban? The winter used to be boring enough as it was F1-wise even when there was more testing going on, but at least we got to see new car/driver combinations bed themselves in, make early comparisons and predictions (often meaningless, but nothing better to do!).

Now it's all basically going to be done in one quick burst of just over a month

Can't wait for the 1st.
    I hate the test ban too, but the problem is how is the cost factor affected if there was no limitation.

On the positive side it is pressurized and THAT is very formula 1. Generally I like the Bernie idea of the racing teams having the Monday as test days.

I think the first testing times in 2010 will be the most waited for in many seasons given the new driver combinations and Schumacher factor.

The great advantage that a team gains with Ross and this is leveraged with Schumacher is that they RACE so well. That was evident last year at Brawn where Jenson was able to score points constantly and protect his lead.

The Ross factor cannot be underestimated given that Jenson tightened up so much inteh second part of the season. And this must be forgiven because what people forget that after ten years of struggle this was also something new for Jenson despite his experience.

I am sure that Schumacher is going to suck the air out of the room that first day he returns to the cockpit and begins to set times......!

I imagine that the circuit will attract a crowd rivvalling a grand prix on Feb 1
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V12
    Anyone else annoyed at the testing ban?
    While I can't wait for the testing to start I am quite happy to have the testing ban to help reducing costs.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Devote

I am sure that Schumacher is going to suck the air out of the room that first day he returns to the cockpit and begins to set times......!
    Schumi comeback is hype only..

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by f1indiablog
    With good reason. Come on man, there's no need for this...
    Tνr gan teanga, tνr gan anam

Quote Originally Posted by f1indiablog
    I sincerely hope you are merely trying to be idiotically provocative, because for someone like myself, who since when I was a little boy and my mother educated me as to who Jack Brabham was and gave me a toy of his racing car, I have been in love with motor racing, it is an offensive statement.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Red Bull plan to skip the first test;

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80809

They've done it before, but I should think that with so little testing under current regulations getting the boots on the ground straight away would be important?

Do we take it at face value? Or are they behind schedule due to the relatively late confirmation of Renault engines?
    All other opinions are wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    Red Bull plan to skip the first test;

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80809

They've done it before, but I should think that with so little testing under current regulations getting the boots on the ground straight away would be important?

Do we take it at face value? Or are they behind schedule due to the relatively late confirmation of Renault engines?
    Testing has after all been discovered to be not AS vital these days as was always thought.

I don't think the RBR-Renault is in trouble based on the Mclaren engineers conclusion after last year's frenetic turnaround, that being able to test would have significantly SLOWED the amazing progress of the MP4-24.

Interesting.

And the question surrounding the Virgin-Cosworth is - will they discover that using CFD only and not any windtunnel is sound after all - just look at the 2009 Acura's performance in ALMS?

This confounded the rule that CFD-only is workable in the front but from the middle of the car its effectiveness drops sharply making it impossible to design an effective rear.

Virgin is definitely the most interesting concept this year.