Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is it worth noting that the decade is not over until the end of NEXT year?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by winer
    Good point. I used to say that a lot, but then I kind of got tired. Like trying to explain the majority that the new millenium started on Jan 1, 2001
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts

Have you ever considered that things might be different in Canada?

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    It depends where the zero is placed - for those mathematically inclined, and that is nice way of saying "logically", zero comes before ONE and not after NINE.

Ergo - the end of the decade was yesterday.

For me the picture of the decade is conceptual and therefore a driver does not need to have articipated over the entire decade.

There is only one concept for me that stands out and is representative in direct contrast to so many other drivers or in this case champions.

It is the picture of Michael Schumacher, who after so many victories and championships would still climb on to the top step and be as happy and delighted at his achievement.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What would you call that decade, then, if it exists. Decades are referred to as e.g. the twenty-tens, nighteen-eighties etc. and to have those include a last year completely not matching that pattern would be foolish. If we had talked about decades in the same terms as centuries or millennia you might have a stronger point. The 210th decade still has a year left (if I did the maths right), but nobody cares about that.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Didn't actually mean to go as OT as my last post. What I meant to do was to post this:

Unfortunately, Austria -02 was came immediately to my mind when thinking about significant moments of the last 10 years in F1. It was Schumacher's decade, and that is the defining Schumacher moment for me

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Copse
    Didn't actually mean to go as OT as my last post. What I meant to do was to post this:

Unfortunately, Austria -02 was came immediately to my mind when thinking about significant moments of the last 10 years in F1. It was Schumacher's decade, and that is the defining Schumacher moment for me
    And at the age of 41 is now set to be counted in this new decade, until 2012!
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decade
    Although any period of ten years is a decade,[1][2] a convenient and frequently referenced interval is based on the tens digit of the calendar year, as in using 1960s to represent the decade from 1960 to 1969.[3][4] Often, for brevity, only the tens part is mentioned (60s or sixties), although this may leave it uncertain which century is meant. These references are frequently used to encapsulate pop culture or other widespread phenomena that dominated such a decade, as in The Great Depression of the 1930s. For example, the decade commonly referred to as the "two thousands" ends on December 31, 2010. Some writers[5] like to point out that since the common calendar starts from the year 1, its first full decade contained the years from 1 to 10, the second decade from 11 to 20, and so on. The interval from the year 2001 to 2010 could thus be called the 201st decade, using ordinal numbers.

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Let's settle this once and for all. From this moment forth, the next decade shall begin on April 18, 2014, and all subsequent decades shall begin on April 18 in years ending in 4. That way, none of those "end of decade" reviews will get lost in the midst of "end of year" reviews. Simples
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    If the year 2000 was not the start of a new decade it would be pointless celebrating the mellenium.