Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OFFICIAL: Rome Grand Prix by 2013

Why? Im Italian and even I am not getting excited by this - would much prefer to see a US race or even if a second race in Italy, the return of Imola which I think is an awesome circuit - all about the money I guess!

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/5426.html

Rome Grand Prix deal agreed

A deal to hold a grand prix on the streets of Rome in either 2012 or 2013 has been put in place, according to Italian reports.

A Reuters news story said F1 CEO Bernie Ecclestone has agreed a deal with course planners in Rome......The report added that the traditional Italian Grand Prix at Monza would remain on the calendar alongside the new street circuit.

Race organiser Maurizio Flammini: "The agreement with Bernie Ecclestone to bring the Rome Grand Prix to life has already been done and signed."......
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Giuseppe F1
    Why? Im Italian and even I am not getting excited by this - would much prefer to see a US race or even if a second race in Italy, the return of Imola which I think is an awesome circuit - all about the money I guess!

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/5426.html

Rome Grand Prix deal agreed

A deal to hold a grand prix on the streets of Rome in either 2012 or 2013 has been put in place, according to Italian reports.

A Reuters news story said F1 CEO Bernie Ecclestone has agreed a deal with course planners in Rome......The report added that the traditional Italian Grand Prix at Monza would remain on the calendar alongside the new street circuit.

Race organiser Maurizio Flammini: "The agreement with Bernie Ecclestone to bring the Rome Grand Prix to life has already been done and signed."......
    Maurizio Flammini? Now THATS a name from the past! I rmember his private Ferrari in the mid-70's.

A Rome Grand Prix is fine with me. Why? Because its not in some place without any connection to motor racing tradition.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Why Rome?????

This might explain why Bernie wants so much from the organisers in Turkey if he's got this lined up.
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Knowing Bernie, he'll require that they refurbish and enlarge the Colosseum, before he'll race there

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bernie must have a huge desire to run a grand prix in one on the european capital cities, first London, then Paris now Rome, would be good though, Id have stuck with London personally, it would have been awesome.
    Mystery strikes again!

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Rock
    Bernie must have a huge desire to run a grand prix in one on the european capital cities, first London, then Paris now Rome, would be good though, Id have stuck with London personally, it would have been awesome.
    If it meant that France would see its grand prix return, then I would have been pleased for it to be Paris, although modern street circuits are just awful.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    If it is a street circuit that is actually good I will be surprised.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Another boring street race in another place that doesn't need it. Go back to Imola. So will this be called "Grand Prix of the Vatican"?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I like street courses, but I prefer Imola, honestly.
    Formula 1

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Am I the only one pleased about this?

F1 returning to Europe and leaving a poorly attended tilke track behind (however I'm sad that its the best Tilke track we seem to be loosing!)
    All other opinions are wrong....