Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Do any of you guys race online as well? I don't have live but a few of my friends get onto xlink kai and play online a few nights a weeks. If you are interested, send me a PM and we can tee something up.

Pudlea
    On the first day God created a :(Ford:eek:. After realising his mistake he took the rest of the week until 7th day he created a :cool:HOLDEN:cool: after which no more creation was necessary.:smokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The bar has most certainly been raised for 2007! Don't think I'll be repeating my 5th place overall from 2006.
    Michael \"Beef\" Park 1966 - 2005 RIP
    Richard Britton 1970 - 2005 RIP

Go n-eiri an bothar leo!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    13.racer69(F). 31m.18.74....4pts
    14.Tannat(H). 31m.18.84.....2pts

If I hadn't been tapped at the final corner by racer69 13th would have been mine!

Cheers, mate!
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm surely dissapointed for missing out on the points by one spot... I know I deserve what I got though, since I was lagging a full minute behind that tight 5 car pack that finished 11-15th.

my goal this time out in the V8s was simply to get experience, get to know this track, and not finish last.

I met those goals, but I thought meeting those goals would at least get me some points!! or A point!

but, considering I never even hit the track until Thursday night, and only had maybe 30 minutes of practice, I guess I'll take it and head to the next round, and just try to keep having fun!
    "Approach racing like billiards - bash the ball too hard, get nowhere." Juan Manuel Fangio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    as far as the handicapping.

I'm not above receiving special help cheers to Peter for the idea

but I'd rather get more leadway in setting up my car, than receive handouts in the form of time shaving.

I know you fast guys like messing with your set-ups, but maybe you could have to run 100% hard tires, or full ride height, or default allignments or something.

that would make me feel less retarted than getting to take time off my REAL time.
    "Approach racing like billiards - bash the ball too hard, get nowhere." Juan Manuel Fangio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Woo! I'm in shock! and to think if I hadn't been tapped into the wall at the chicane I could of been in the top 16. Handicapping sounds fun, give the top runners blindfolds that should help us slightly slower guys. As for R/R it ill be hard for him to put any decent time in without being questioned now so he only has himself to blame. I left the FPA series a few rounds in becasue it wasn't as fun/ I didn't get time.
    liveries.batracer.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What a fantastic turnout, and close racing to boot.

I was reasonably happy with my qualifying, my race was just too inconsistent though, and i continue my habit of damaging the gearbox, though some points are better than no points to start the season

Tannat - a racing incident surely, you should have noticed my kamikaze manouvre earlier and given me some racing room We've been having some good close racing between ourselves lately

As for success ballast, i personally prefer the more 'pure' approach of the likes of myself just having to try harder to get nearer to the front, but whatever the rules i'm happy to abide by.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Auto gearboxes for all would level the field a bit..

but I'm not horribly interested in success ballast. Let things continue as they are..
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tannat

but I'm not horribly interested in success ballast. Let things continue as they are..
    I couldn't possibly go back to automatic gearboxes as I reckon a lot of the time gains for me are in the fact that I can time my braking/gearchanges for maximum effect.

I would like to continue on as we are. The idea of success ballast doesn't massively appeal to me.
    Michael \"Beef\" Park 1966 - 2005 RIP
    Richard Britton 1970 - 2005 RIP

Go n-eiri an bothar leo!

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tannat

I think that the speed advantage gained by a manual box is over stated. I won a DTM race last year with a Auto box.

I like the idea of the championship leaders having default settings.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!