Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    So Loeb in 207 or C3 R3T ?

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    DS3 R3T won't be homologated until summer.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaCo
    According to some here on the forum, the IRC boys will be miles away from Hirvonen, time to prove their right.
    If Fiesta is competitive and Mikko is allowed to push, then he is indeed miles ahead of IRC boys. There's no doubt about it and whoever says something different is embarrasing himself...
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juha_Koo
    If Fiesta is competitive and Mikko is allowed to push, then he is indeed miles ahead of IRC boys. There's no doubt about it and whoever says something different is embarrasing himself...
    Brave!

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    Very brave indeed, let's hope for a great battle and victory for the underdogs!
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Hope it goes well, will be interesting to see.

Remember though, when Ireland had its first WRC round, some people were saying that the local Irish were the best tarmac drivers in the world and would show the WRC boys how to drive......... did any of them get into the top 10?? There is a HUGE margin between WRC and any other championship, possibly I would even admit the IRC, that is why it is so difficult for anyone to come in and make an instant impression.

I will watch Monte with great interest
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    RMC will certainly be very interesting. Will Hirvonen be miles ahead of the best IRC driver? No and if Meeke decides he needs to he will take the fight to Mikko. But bear in mind the Ford is on a one off IRC outing, not the championship.
    Of course the Fiesta might only be on Proton pace but Hirvonen's speed and experience will make up for any lack of performance. Whatever happens it will indeed be a great event and I don't do embarrassment.

One other point, for someone who supposedly did most of the testing in Ford's new S2K car Papa Wilson hasn't much faith in his son.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    It depends who PSA send really. If Citroen don't send any of their top boys then really it's gonna be Kopecky and Meeke against Mikko. I'd say possibly Hanninen also but if people think guys like Sarrazin, Vouilloz, Loix etc like be a threat - I just don't see it.

I think if the Ford has a trouble free run then it should be a good fight. But it will definately answer a few questions. It will be the most intriguing rally since.... Monte Carlo 09!!!

Above all through it is worth remembering that in last years rally pace counted for nothing. With all the punctures and accidents it will be a smart driver who probably takes the win.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noel157
    One other point, for someone who supposedly did most of the testing in Ford's new S2K car Papa Wilson hasn't much faith in his son.
    I suspect that after Scotland, Malcolm realised he would need to send Mikko to Monte if he wanted to win.

I expect the Fiesta to be bang on the pace. M-Sport are an experienced team and the Fiesta is running to the latest regulations (wider) and I don't think anyone else will be for Monte.

Honestly, I expect Mikko to be able to fight for the win but I don't think the "gap" will be as big as some people expect it to be.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noel157
    There's testing and then there's the donkey work. I think Malcolm is doing the best possible thing for his son and is keeping him well away from the Monte. I don't think it has anything to do with faith - it's just simple who the faster driver is.

I actually bet if Matt had been offered this drive he would have been very aprehensive - maybe even turned it down. There will be some intense spotlight on this car.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia